Question System shuts down after long gaming sessions

Biolite80

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
So I have this issue that after 4,-5 hours of Iracing in my 3080ti, temps are beyond fine btw, the system justs power off then attempts to reboot 3 times. Resulting meeting me in the windows blue screen with the options of advanced repair or restart computer. I have an 850 watt EVGA Supernova G6 PSU which is only 4 months old and the motherboard is in MSI MPG z590 carbon Wi-Fi same age as PSU. I7-17000k @ 4.9. Reduced to 4.8 still same issue. Any ideas? I know it's either the graphics card the PSU or the motherboard. Also I didn't style a new system Drive. A wd sn850 black 1 TB about 2 months ago. The issue started showing itself last weekend.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to use HWMonitor and check your temps while you're gaming. As for your shutdowns, it's highly possible that the PSU might be your primary suspect. Try and source a donor PSU that's reliably built and with at least 85-WW of power at the entire system's disposal. As for your motherboard, make sure you're on the latest BIOS version. Side note, how are you cooling that processor in your build?

If you're working with Windows 10, please include the version(not edition) of the OS.

Biolite80

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to use HWMonitor and check your temps while you're gaming. As for your shutdowns, it's highly possible that the PSU might be your primary suspect. Try and source a donor PSU that's reliably built and with at least 85-WW of power at the entire system's disposal. As for your motherboard, make sure you're on the latest BIOS version. Side note, how are you cooling that processor in your build?

If you're working with Windows 10, please include the version(not edition) of the OS.
I have been running HW monitor wall gaming and all temps are very much Within parameters. And I'm cooling my CPU with a Corsair h150i capelix. And I'm running Windows 10 64 version 21h2 build 19044.1766 and as I stated before I'm running the EVGA Supernova G6 850 watt Gold Plus

Biolite80

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
I do have a buddy a 750 watt G3 80 plus gold. But I'll be running that with an i7 8700k so that shouldn't be an issue. It's just getting the time to borrow my buddy's computer the game for 5 hours straight.