[SOLVED] System shuts down by itself under load, but the power button and motherboard lights do not turn off.

Sep 8, 2020
Hello guys, I builded the system on Sunday. There is no problem when idling, watching movies or surfing. But when the system goes under load, like playing game it shuts down by itself. The fans stop, the graphics card light turns off, the monitor does not display, but the power button and the motherboard lights remain on. The system does not respond no matter how long I press the power button or the reset button. I turn off the power switch of the power supply to fix it. After staying on for about 2 seconds, the light of the motherboard and power button turns off.

My system:

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
MSI 2060 Super Gaming
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair CV650 650W 80+ Bronze

BIOS and Windows up to date and there is no heat problem. When this problem occurs, the CPU temperature is usually around 65 degrees.

My native language isn't english. If I had a spelling mistake or couldn't explain something, feel free to correct it.

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

This would be my first flag for concern. This is more of a budget PSU built more for budget systems. And whilst certainly not bad, just is a likely culprit if you're experiencing random shut downs.

I would ensure your drivers are all up to date (not using a driver updater app).
You've already verified temperatures.
You've already covered BIOS.
I would also remove any OC / RAM OC if you have any just to see if the issue persists.

Following that I'd actually retest with a different PSU and see if the issue repeats.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

This would be my first flag for concern. This is more of a budget PSU built more for budget systems. And whilst certainly not bad, just is a likely culprit if you're experiencing random shut downs.

I would ensure your drivers are all up to date (not using a driver updater app).
I would also remove any OC / RAM OC if you have any just to see if the issue persists.

Following that I'd actually retest with a different PSU and see if the issue repeats.

Reactions: MantisTheArmless
Solution
Sep 8, 2020

Thank you for your comment. I know this is not a quality PSU, but unfortunately my country's economy is broken and taxes are increasing these days. My salary equals about $ 310 so I needed to save budget from some parts while building pc.