Question System stability issues

victorb17

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
I have built a new system (end of 22). I am having the same stability issues as the last system I complained about.....https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/wierd-system-issues-unstable-and-locks-up.3700984/#post-22330694

Since none of the parts are reused, it must be some piece of software I am running. I am stuck in my ways (ha) and rarely download new software. I use the same old stuff for years. Is there a way to pinpoint which program is causing issues? Maybe in event viewer or is there some sort of watchdog software I can use?

It will randomly restart. Many times to a blue screen saying it could not start windows and gives the advanced options to start windows. I have seen many different random bug checks. They are never consistent.

Here are system specs:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/cTBxAROpH3WnKH1Ybq6uRVe

Thanks for any help

I have built a new system (end of 22). I am having the same stability issues as the last system I complained about.....https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/wierd-system-issues-unstable-and-locks-up.3700984/#post-22330694

Since none of the parts are reused, it must be some piece of software I am running. I am stuck in my ways (ha) and rarely download new software. I use the same old stuff for years. Is there a way to pinpoint which program is causing issues? Maybe in event viewer or is there some sort of watchdog software I can use?

It will randomly restart. Many times to a blue screen saying it could not start windows and gives the advanced options to start windows. I have seen many different random bug checks. They are never consistent.

Here are system specs:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/cTBxAROpH3WnKH1Ybq6uRVe

Thanks for any help
It looks like something may be wrong with file system, windows itself or disk.
Is that really RAID 0 with 4 SSDs all different, or is ir just IRST driver =

victorb17

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
It is 2 SK Hynix P41's in a raid 0 array. Separately are 2 other ssd's. I did run SFC the other day and it found problems and fixed them, but it made no effect on the system stability. I just ran it now and it found nothing.

victorb17

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
This computer is now crashing probably about every 6 hours or so. Basically evertime I come to it, it has either restarted to the login screen or is sitting at the automatic repair screen. Sometimes I get bugchecks when restarting. They seem to be random. The last one was a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

I constantly have weird oddities such as chrome randomly giving me these errors:

"STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION"
"STATUS_BREAKPOINT"

I have also noticed other things, such as when playing a game, the xbox controller that is connected via an xbox wireless adapter (USB) will suddenly loose connection for about 5-10 seconds and then regain it. Also the sound will randomly drop out and when I look at available sound devices, none are listed. If you wait about 30 seconds they all come back, and the sound as well.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks.

victorb17

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
I did a test. I restarted the computer and did not run any programs or services (blue iris). Came back 2 hours later and the system had restarted.

Also, the desktop background will randomly go away leaving a black screen.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You have myriad issues on multiple PCs and you suspect software issues rather than hardware ones (which seems the likely correct assessment to me).

Simplify the problem. Completely wipe the OS drive and make a full fresh install of Windows. Euthanize the odd RAID, which, for >99% of consumers, is worthless at best, an endless headache that results in data loss at worst. Don't just install all the software you used, but install it as needed for specific tasks. And note what behaviors happen when and cross-reference it with the event log and what you've most recently installed and/or used.

Reactions: Rokinamerica

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
To follow on what DS said, as you install software, only install it one at a time and log the results as DS said. Wait a while before installing another piece of software. If/when it happens again, go to a point before that was installed, make your notes, then you can try the next software.

I also believe it is software issue, not hardware across multiple systems.

victorb17

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
OK, more wierd things. I have wiped the hard drive and removed the raid array. Now I cannot install windows. The installer gives random errors. I have tried 3 different hard drives and 2 different usb bootable drives. Nothing makes any difference. I have uploaded a video to yt so you can see what is going on.

View: https://youtu.be/0hS8LCDIpaQ

What should I do from here?

laachta

Prominent
Dec 12, 2022
This is a rather wild shot but could be perhaps something wrong with the power outlet (assuming the old and the current machine were/are connected to the same one)? Like bad contact resulting in minor sparkling or so. I vaguely remember having some weird stability issues at some in the past which disappeared completely after the outlet had a look at by a technician.