19" KDS AV195TF
Asus CULC2
PIII 1Ghz
256MB SDRAM
Creative Geforce2
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
3Com NIC 3C905B
Windows ME

Now my problem. I leave my system on all the time so I like to take advantage of "system stanby". The computer is in my bedroom and it makes it easier to fall asleep with the system in that mode. I recently purcahsed a 19" KDS flat screen monitor and now when I bring the system out of standby, there are horizontal lines on my screen (oh yeah,1280x960 85Mhz). Now at 1st I thought, bad monitor since I never had this problem with my 17" Viewsonic (1024x768 75Mhz), so I returned it Best Buy...same problem with second monitor. So I bought a 19" Viewsonic Perfect Flat thinking it must be the brand, same problem plus the colors were really bad on the Viewsonic. So I took it back and got the KDS. I called Creative to see if it was my video card. They said that the Nvidia chipset doesn't support advanced power managment (system standby) and the reason I never noticed it with my 17" is because of the lower resoultion. Now I'm not going to run my 19" at that low of a resoultion just so I can put it in stanby. Are there any graphics cards on the market that support the system standby feature at high resolution? I have tried the monitor on two different computers. I have tried creatives' and nvidia's drivers, no help. I just want a video card that supports this feature.

G

That is what I am doing now and I like to have the system go into standby, which is why I posted the the message in 1st place.

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Have you tried playing around with the screen blanking method in bios?

You know, the DPMS etc.

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

kawipoo

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
Look at my posting on April 27. I have a nvidia TNT2 video chip. I have a somewhat different problem. When I come out of standby my monitor looks fine. My problem occurs when I use 3D graphics. The system then freezes up. I think the 3D or graphic accelerator does not come out of standby and the computer waits for it to respond. Once I reboot the graphics are fine.
P.S. I do get lines on my monitor if the system goes on standby with 3D graphics on my screen.
I have talked to HP since my computer is a 9795c and microsoft and all they say is that the power saving feature is really for laptops and to just turn off the monitor. For as much money as you spend on computers I believe this is a poor answer.

TRENDING THREADS