[SOLVED] System starting to get issues

Dreamstreet

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2017
I have two new issues with my desktop. One is that it for some reason shuts down when playing games like Red Dead Redemption 2, which before I could run for hours without any issues.

Another thing is that my RAM usage is really huge. If I for instance run World of Warcraft and firefox at the same time, it's using around 14GB in total.

My specs are as following:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB
ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING Motherboard
Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler
Seasonic Focus+ 750W 85+ GOLD PSU

Last edited:

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Have you done any furmark stress tests on cpu and gpu? If its a heat problem, the test will crash your machine. Use memtest to test ram modules, one stick at a time.

Are you sure your psu is 85+? If it is, get a new one.
Certified psu is 80+, not 85+

Dreamstreet

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2017
Have you done any furmark stress tests on cpu and gpu? If its a heat problem, the test will crash your machine. Use memtest to test ram modules, one stick at a time.

Are you sure your psu is 85+? If it is, get a new one.
Certified psu is 80+, not 85+
I just ran some FurMark tests at 4K and 1080p, no problems and max temp was 66 degrees.

Also I'm not 100% sure which PSU I have, other than it's 750W

Dreamstreet

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2017
Well, if it didnt crash during stress test, its not the psu or cpu or gpu. Run memtest to check ram. You want zero errors.

Finally finished the test, 0 errors in it, so RAM shouldn't be the issue either.

Dreamstreet

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2017
Still have the same issue while I play Red Dead Redemption 2, my computer just shuts itself off and then I have to cut off the power cable for about a minute before I can even turn on my PC again. Not sure if it's a GPU or PSU issue, since it's the only game where I have the issue.

Dreamstreet

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2017
Perhaps its the mobo, but if it only happens with one spacific game, seems to me that it is a software probleme. Are you overclocking anything?
No overclocking, but if I turned down a few of the setting or set it from fullscreen to windowed borderless, I can play it without these issues. I've also tried to do it without running Firefox in the background and all these things have solved it together.

Dreamstreet

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2017
That sounds like software issues. When last did you do a virus and malware scan? Maybe tooo many background apps, "bloatware". Did you try a clean boot?
I've tried running it today with no other big software and right after my PC had started up, which made it turn off after about 1 hour and 15 minutes. I'll try and scan my PC for virus and malware.