System stuck at motherboard splash screen.

gwubbs

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
I have my computer, which is having a problem of being stuck at the motherboard splash screen. I am still able to acces the bios, but thats it. I tried the automatic recovery, but that only gives a blank screen or goes into a reboot cycle. I have two drives in my system, I unplugged both and nothing changed, as I should only be able to access the bios without any drives, so thats normal. When I plug one of yhe two in it gives the message, "reboot and select proper boot device
Or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key." When I use only the other one, I get the message, "your pc or device needs to be repaired.

A required device isnt connected or cant be accessed.

Error code: 0x000000e

Etc"

It stays on that screen for a few seconds before complete shutdown.
This all started, along with crashes that I cannot explain started when I did the new windows defender update yesterday.

If there is anyome that can help I would appreciate it.

Solution
It sounds like an issue with either the Windows installation or the drive itself. My approach to this would be:

0. Connect all drives to the PC or laptop

1. To create a bootable Hiren's Boot USB drive using rufus and a USB key

2. Configure BIOS so the USB drive is #1 on the boot list

3. Boot Mini XP mode from the boot menu on Hirens which gives a desktop environment to work with. The first thing I do is see if I can view both drives in Windows Explorer and see their contents. If I cannot, that indicates a drive has failed.

4. Use the mbrfix tool in the tools menu to write a new MBR on the drive with the OS on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd73hV0audU

5. Use HDDtune from the tools menu to scan for drive errors and bad...

jr9

Estimable
It sounds like an issue with either the Windows installation or the drive itself. My approach to this would be:

0. Connect all drives to the PC or laptop

1. To create a bootable Hiren's Boot USB drive using rufus and a USB key

2. Configure BIOS so the USB drive is #1 on the boot list

3. Boot Mini XP mode from the boot menu on Hirens which gives a desktop environment to work with. The first thing I do is see if I can view both drives in Windows Explorer and see their contents. If I cannot, that indicates a drive has failed.

4. Use the mbrfix tool in the tools menu to write a new MBR on the drive with the OS on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd73hV0audU

5. Use HDDtune from the tools menu to scan for drive errors and bad sectors. If there are lots it's a drive failure.

If a new MBR doesn't help and there are no drive errors in the scan, I would proceed with a Window repair installation. If that doesn't help, clean installation. You can back up your data within MiniXP mode as well.

Solution