Question System stuck stuck on boot, no bios

wabale97

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
I recently upgraded ram to dual channel 2 slots. I had DOCP turned on and was using this setting for week with no issue.
Today I was performance testing system. My CPU and RAM was at 100%. I ran this for 5 minutes (cpu~85c). My system died after test and not booting up now

I am not even able to see bios. One time i got lucky and saw system posted to safe mode amibios warning. But before I change any bios settings, it died again to blank screen. What can I do here? I am not sure but i suspect DOCP is culprit. Anyway to access bios?

Ryzen 5 2600
corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz 8gb ddr4 x 2
Asus b350mk motherboard

wabale97

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
Another question, if i do CMOS battery reset. Will my bios version be reduced? This is because b350 don't support ryzent 2600 out of box. And i can't upgrade bios without ryzen 1 series cpus

Lutfij

Titan
Are the parts listed in your sig space, the system you're working with? If so;
Ryzen 5 2600
Msi Nvidia 1050 ti OC edition
corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz 8gb ddr4
Asus b350mk motherboard
coolermaster 450w power suply
WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm

Coolermaster if the brand of the unit while 450W is the advertised wattage. What is the model of the PSU and it's age? BISO version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Another question, if i do CMOS battery reset. Will my bios version be reduced?
No it won't, it merely resets all settings to factory default.

wabale97

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
Are the parts listed in your sig space,
Yes. Only change, added samsung 980 nvme ssd to setup.

PSU age 4 years, cooler master mwe 450 230v

BISO version: 4602,
By default it came with older bios but my friend had ryzen 1600 so i was able to update it for ryzen 5 2600

wabale97

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
Try removing the motherboard battery for a minute or two, it will only reset to original bios settings. See if that helps at all.
Will this reset my bios version too? Because factory bios don't support my cpu. And don't have ryzen 1 series cpu to update bios again.

Ok ignore ,lutfij already answered

Last edited:

wabale97

Reputable
Oct 15, 2018
Ok I reset the CMOS battery. Still no display. What can be done?
I think some hardware has failed as I was performance testing when the system died.

Update: ok I pressed down the HWRST reset button for 10 sec. I was able to get into bios and boot into windows. But after 15 30 seconds into windows. The system bricked and everything stop responding.

Update 2: I am able to get to boot now, I have no idea how. I kept restarting and resetting mb. It worked randomly and died. But its stable now.

@Lutfij you were talking about PSU. Should I replace 450W with a better PSU? Do they lose power efficiency after 4 years? I am trying to figure out what went wrong. As this started when everything was on 100%.

Last edited: