System stuttering when doing more complicated things

Soldiumek

Prominent
May 15, 2017
Hi there

I've been encountering weird behavior of my PC recently. My PC tends to have problems with tasking or something. I am not sure how to describe it. But whenever i try to launch more thn two apps at once (chrome ,TS client , steam , games etc.) My PC get's real slow. Programs crash. Sometimes it even leads to explorer crashes (C4D and Zbrush + something mainly) The problem comes and goes , nto sure why.
Earlier this year i've encountered few half-freezes (current applications which did not need new taks worked while i couldn't launch apps or even disable PC via windows power options)
After changing my MOBO from old ASrock ivy bridge to my ASUS , my internet also started behaving strangely. I sometimes have to reboot the router or the internet will be crashing whenever i will try to do any i/o taks (eg. play games online) The internet problem did not fix itself and persists for one year now.
My PC Specs :
-ASUS P8Z68 V PRO/gen 3
-Uknown 550V PSU
-I5 3350p
-GTX 660
-2X HyperX Fury BLACK 8GB DDR3
-SSD AData 120GB (windows 7 drive)
-HDD Seagate 500GB (REAL OLD DRIVE , HAD PROBLEMS WITH IT PREVIOUSLY)
-WD Black 1TB
Any idea what to do with this? I've used few second opinion scanners and made chkdsk with /f and /r parameters with no positives or bad sectors detected.
Thanks in advance!
Soldium.

Solution
I have figured out the problem by my friend's help. I've moved temp from the old seagate (d:) to my WD Black (f:) , the stuttering problem vanished.
Probably what happened here is that seagate drive is slowly losing I/O speed and it just can't keep up anymore. Since the drive has 5 years of work past it's life span , it seems logical.

Soldiumek

Prominent
May 15, 2017
I have figured out the problem by my friend's help. I've moved temp from the old seagate (d:) to my WD Black (f:) , the stuttering problem vanished.
Probably what happened here is that seagate drive is slowly losing I/O speed and it just can't keep up anymore. Since the drive has 5 years of work past it's life span , it seems logical.

Solution