Question Stuttering in all games ?

SuperAceNr1

Reputable
Feb 9, 2020
Recently, I have been experiencing a lot of stutters when gaming, which appeared out of nowhere as before the performance was flawless.
While monitoring system resources, I noticed that when they appear, the cpu spikes close or exactly to 100% and then quickly drops to whatever value it was at before. This usually happens in open world games at random, but frequent intervals, but I also noticed it happening in CS:GO, which I believe to be a game where I really shouldn't be having such issues.
What I've tried so far is: disabling every cpu power management setting in bios, but turning them back on when it didn't help, setting performance mode in control panel to high performance, setting performance mode in nvidia control panel to high performance, doing a clean install of windows, disabling memory xmp in bios, but turned it back on again as nothing improved and replacing thermal paste on CPU. I have had an issue like this about 2 years ago, but back then it was a mistake made by me where I didn't insert both ram modules in the correct slots, so they weren't running in dual channel mode. This time my only suspicion is the PSU as I've had a lot of power surges in my area lately and I'm thinking that maybe they affected its power distribution, but would like to hear any thoughts from someone who is much more qualified with things like this than me.

PC specs are:
Motherboard: Asus Strix Z390-E Gaming
GPU: Asus Strix 2080TI OC
CPU: Intel I7-9700K 3.6Ghz (but I run it on turbo mode at 4.6Ghz)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (16x2) - running it on xmp at 3200mhz

P.S.: I have also noticed that the CPU spikes from idle at about 8% to about 20 or 30% when moving the mouse in certain applications, which I'm sure was not happening before.

SuperAceNr1

Reputable
Feb 9, 2020
(Sorry for reposting this, but I'm having a really hard time tracking down this problem and would really appreciate some more insights from people better qualified, since before no one answered to my forum.)
Recently, I have been experiencing a lot of stutters when gaming, which appeared out of nowhere as before the performance was flawless.
While monitoring system resources, I noticed that when they appear, the cpu spikes close or exactly to 100% and then quickly drops to whatever value it was at before. This usually happens in open world games at random, but frequent intervals, but I also noticed it happening in CS:GO, which I believe to be a game where I really shouldn't be having such issues.
What I've tried so far is: disabling every cpu power management setting in bios, but turning them back on when it didn't help, setting performance mode in control panel to high performance, setting performance mode in nvidia control panel to high performance, doing a clean install of windows, disabling memory xmp in bios, but turned it back on again as nothing improved and replacing thermal paste on CPU. I have had an issue like this about 2 years ago, but back then it was a mistake made by me where I didn't insert both ram modules in the correct slots, so they weren't running in dual channel mode. This time my only suspicion is the PSU as I've had a lot of power surges in my area lately and I'm thinking that maybe they affected its power distribution, but would like to hear any thoughts from someone who is much more qualified with things like this than me.

PC specs are:

P.S.: I have also noticed that the CPU spikes from idle at about 8% to about 20 or 30% when moving the mouse in certain applications, which I'm sure was not happening before.

SuperAceNr1

Reputable
Feb 9, 2020
(Sorry for reposting this, but I'm having a really hard time tracking down this problem and would really appreciate some more insights from people better qualified, since before no one answered to my forum.)
What I've tried so far is: disabling every cpu power management setting in bios, but turning them back on when it didn't help, setting performance mode in control panel to high performance, setting performance mode in nvidia control panel to high performance, doing a clean install of windows, disabling memory xmp in bios, but turned it back on again as nothing improved and replacing thermal paste on CPU. I have had an issue like this about 2 years ago, but back then it was a mistake made by me where I didn't insert both ram modules in the correct slots, so they weren't running in dual channel mode.

PC specs are:

Update.: I have also noticed that the CPU spikes from idle at about 8% to about 15-20% when moving the mouse in certain applications, which I don't know if it should be normal. I've also done some monitoring with HWInfo and saw that when the stutters do happen in, for example Batman Arkham Knight, my ssd's read speed spikes from about 0MB/s to 30MB/s... If anyone knows of a tool which logs every component of my pc when playing games, is experienced with this sort of stuff and would like to help me, please let me know.

Lutfij

Titan
Stick to one thread, please

See if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. Following that, see if your OS is also pending updates. Once you've checked the prior two, use DDU and remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.