[SOLVED] System suddenly shuts down exactly 2 hours after boot

Jun 24, 2020
Hi,

I am currently having an issue on my desktop computer : exactly 2 hours after boot, it shuts down, very suddenly, like if the power supply would have been cut. I can then turn it on again immidiatly after, and i get no error message or anything alarming.
I had already met a similar issue, with a processor that I put in the wrong chipset, so the computer would go off after 30 minutes exactly.
I dont know if it is related to the issue, but when I turn on, I have a message saying "CPU fan error". I always ignore it pressing F1, apparently, this is a common issue on asus motherboard. Plus, I have checked my temperatures, and they are never reaching 50°C. The fan is working and is detected by the system.
I am using windows 10, and I think all my drivers and BIOS are up to date.

Here is my config :
  • mobo Asus P7Q57 M-DO
  • i5 750
  • nvidia quadro k600
  • 14 go of ram ( different sizes and models )

Thank you for your help.

Solution
So thanks to Cherry Blossoms, I found the solution : it was simply the Intel ME that was turned off ( switch on the motherboard ). My computer has now been running for almost 3 hours !
I am very suprised that apparently I am the very first one on the internet having that issue. Thank you all for your help, especially Cherry Blossoms for giving me the solutions.
I hope that will help someone one day.
Are you by chance using an Insider build of Windows 10? If you are, you have to keep up to date or you'll see exactly what you describe after the expiration date. You can use the WINVER command from the command prompt to see your expiration date.

Ralston18

Titan
And I will add the suggestion to look in Reliability History and Task Scheduler.

Reliability History for error codes, warnings, even informational events that correspond with the shutdowns.

Then look in Task Scheduler for anything that is "waiting" for two hours after boot and then forcing a shutdown.

Jun 24, 2020
And I will add the suggestion to look in Reliability History and Task Scheduler.

Reliability History for error codes, warnings, even informational events that correspond with the shutdowns.

Then look in Task Scheduler for anything that is "waiting" for two hours after boot and then forcing a shutdown.

I have checked that many times but nothing looks suspicious.

Jun 24, 2020
Check page 1-10 / 1-11 of the manual Hurtar. It appears to be a physical switch on the rear I/O collection.

I had litteraly never seen that switch, and it was turned off. So I turned it on, and I am now waiting for the two hours. A first good thing is that I do not get that "CPU fan error" anymore, which is a good sign. I'll tell you in two hours wether that was the issue or not.

Jun 24, 2020
Are you by chance using an Insider build of Windows 10? If you are, you have to keep up to date or you'll see exactly what you describe after the expiration date. You can use the WINVER command from the command prompt to see your expiration date.
I am using a Windows 10 version linked to my microsoft account. Actually, because the mortheboard is quite old, there is no official support for windows 10 (like the latest BIOS update is 5 years old, so Windows 7 ).

Jun 24, 2020
So thanks to Cherry Blossoms, I found the solution : it was simply the Intel ME that was turned off ( switch on the motherboard ). My computer has now been running for almost 3 hours !
I am very suprised that apparently I am the very first one on the internet having that issue. Thank you all for your help, especially Cherry Blossoms for giving me the solutions.
I hope that will help someone one day.

Solution