[SOLVED] System switches of and goes into boot cycle

Apr 29, 2021
I have an old DP67GB motherboard, Intel I7-2600K, Corsair H80 AIO cooler, RTX 2060 GPU, MWE Gold 750W PSU, 12GB 1333MHZ RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD (boot drive), 5 x (misc) SATA drives, 5 x 120mm case fans.

System runs fine under no load, but when under load it runs for a while then switches off and goes into a boot cycle.

I've tried unplugging power from the PSU for about 5min and then rebooting it, but it remains in the boot cycle. I've tried breadboarding the mobo, but it still remains in the boot cycle.
Leaving the power unplugged overnight and then booting it up, it runs normally under no load. When under load it switches off and goes into a boot cycle again

HWMonitor temps for DP67BG seem normal (~36c) except for VREG and CPU which sometimes show max as high as ~103C and ~122C respectively. The temps for I7-2600K average ~28C under no load and ~60C under load for all cores.

Anyone have any ideas of what the issue might be?

Solution
I have an old DP67GB motherboard, Intel I7-2600K, Corsair H80 AIO cooler, RTX 2060 GPU, MWE Gold 750W PSU, 12GB 1333MHZ RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD (boot drive), 5 x (misc) SATA drives, 5 x 120mm case fans.

System runs fine under no load, but when under load it runs for a while then switches off and goes into a boot cycle.

I've tried unplugging power from the PSU for about 5min and then rebooting it, but it remains in the boot cycle. I've tried breadboarding the mobo, but it still remains in the boot cycle.
Leaving the power unplugged overnight and then booting it up, it runs normally under no load. When under load it switches off and goes into a boot cycle again

HWMonitor temps for DP67BG seem normal (~36c) except for VREG and CPU which...
Apr 29, 2021

HWMonitor temps for DP67BG seem normal (~36c) except for VREG and CPU which sometimes show max as high as ~103C and ~122C respectively. The temps for I7-2600K average ~28C under no load and ~60C under load for all cores.

Anyone have any ideas of what the issue might be?
Ready to lose my mind. HELP please. I'm having the same problem but I have the corsair cx550m and the everything that can run does without the 8 pin connector (EPS12V cable) in.

To give you the full rundown: 2 separate mobos

- 1st is 7 year old b150m d3h with i5 6400 and corsair LTX Vengeance 32gb ddr4 (4 8's) ram (running fine until attempted addition of MSI 3gb GTX1060). Immediately pulled gpu because it was originally meant to take some of the strain of the mobo, as I was starting to have minor issues running 3 monitors (mind you I run scrape box, adobe PS/illustrator and more no problem; actually could at the same time without issues before). Since produced the same issue power up (but cycles on and off).

- 2nd is new (refurbished) b365m ds3h with i5 620p (installed this week), same ram (actually , psu (thinking this must be the issue), tower, etc. but now with the EPS12V cable 8-pin in it just powers on for a second and shuts right off (hopefully mobo is just protecting itself) OR WITHOUT the EPS12V cable 8-pin connected (keep in mind it never had an issue in almost 8 years before the attempted gpu install).

Additional info:
- also have been running at least the EVO 1tb SSD and a Seagate 2tb HDD (HDD from the original build in 2014-15ish as well)
- I DID run the "paperclip" test on the PSU and it definitely runs.
- With everything plugged in (I'm not an expert but it's a simple build and my 5th (not counting a dozen or so wipes/installs, repaired laptops, etc.) and for the split second on the mobo powers the LED cooling fan and Processer Cooling Fan.
- Embarrassingly I am one of the better SEO's and just added cyber security (basically relearned my pen-testing skills with Linux and others backwards), Android stack development and am expanding my hosting knowledge (own a hosting and marketing companies) to ERPs and advanced CRMS... Am I just missing something or half a moron.... thinking PSU

* Pretty much ready to buy another cx550m or cx650f rgb from corsair because I am starting to think the mobo with the other i5 was old but not the issue. I'M THINKING BUT NOT SURE... really no clue... the GPU shorted the PSU*

THOUGHTS -- HELP PLEASE

Solution