Distinguished
May 22, 2013
Specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600g
GPU: 4060 Ti
RAM: 16GB
PSU: Corsair 500w Bronze
SSD: Kingston 1TB M.2

So i was playing Motel Manager which isnt a very demading game as you can imagine and noticed my fans louder than usual, felt the heat coming from the exhaust fans at the top of the case and felt fairly warm. The cpu and gpu temps never went past 75c but when i check HWM it said the TMPIN6 was at 124 and TMPIN8 was at 114. I closed the game and the fans slowed down but temps in the TMPINs didn't move all night regardless of what i was doing, is this an issue?

I installed the GPU new 2 weeks ago and not noticed this before, i do understand the PSU is at the lowest end of what the 4060 Ti can be powered by but i have played much more intensive games with nothing to note happening. Any advice would be great thanks

Are you sure those sensors really exist on your motherboard. Did you notice what these values were before you installed the new GPU.

This might be a case of digging around and trying to find out what hwmonitor is actually reading for those and see if your motherboard documents what those are.

I have seen hwmonitor say I had -100c on some sensor in the past. Think how much money you could make if you had something on your motherboard that could generate cold.

Reactions: jamie045

jamie045

Distinguished
May 22, 2013
Im not even sure how to check if im honest but the fact the temps didnt fluctuate at all says to me its either wrong or the senors are just not there. Ill try and have a dig and see what comes up but if you want any advice on where to look that would be appreciated.
You have made me feel alot better about it if im honest because it did seem off. The Mobo is the MSI B450 pro max M-ATX

CompuTronix

Intel Master

jamie045,​

Rather than use Hardware Monitor, which is notorious for mis-identifying, mis-labelling or mis-reporting sensor values, and can be very confusing, just as you have discovered, we highly recommend that you instead use Hardware Info (HWiNFO). Moreover, Hardware Info is frequently updated and is highly regarded for its accuracy among system builders, serious overclockers, reviewers and IT professionals.

It is very likely that you will find the "mystery" sensors that Hardware Monitor is unable to properly identify will be correctly displayed in Hardware Info. Download the stand-alone "Portable" version from the link provided above, then run it in "Sensors Only".

CT :sol:

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS