System Thread Exception Not Handled and other bsod

kingspaghetti

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
Hello,
Recently my computer is running into a lot of issues with blue screens. Currently, the bsod I'm consistently seeing on startup is : "System Thread Exception Not Handled"

I'd like to say that I have already tried many things and scanned my drives multiple times.
Before this error I was getting the bsod "Kernel Security Check Failure" and a few times I have seen the bsod "Bad Pool Caller". Also, I want to note that I have recently upgraded my power supply.

• I have tried uninstalling my graphics driver, but that didn't solve anything.

I have also ran sfc /scannow and it "verifies" to 100% but then gives me an error saying, "windows resource protection could not preform the requested operation" (If I run the scan in safe mode I get " windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations)

Please help I've been doing so many hours of research on this and many other issues and I can't get anywhere.

Solution
Does the error mention a file name?

so you have been to safe mode? did you look in device manager and see if any unknown devices?

try downloading whocrashed and put it on USB and install it on PC in safe mode, and run it - all it does is creates a summary of the errors you are getting and may show driver responsible for some of it. save the report to usb again and share it here.

sfc can't be run normally outside windows, so it gieves that error in CMD

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ or just use safe mode

You might be best trying a reset, if you back everything up off...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does the error mention a file name?

so you have been to safe mode? did you look in device manager and see if any unknown devices?

try downloading whocrashed and put it on USB and install it on PC in safe mode, and run it - all it does is creates a summary of the errors you are getting and may show driver responsible for some of it. save the report to usb again and share it here.

sfc can't be run normally outside windows, so it gieves that error in CMD

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ or just use safe mode

You might be best trying a reset, if you back everything up off C it will only effect that partition.
how are you getting to safe mode? Do you have an installer? If not, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose reset this PC, can either keep files/settings (files = libraries like docuemnts, movies, pictures. Settings = logins) or wipe it all.
Either choice PC will restart and reinstall win 10.

Now if PC says its locked and refused to reset (which I haven't seen for a while), look at my answer here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3025468/system-thread-exception-handled.html

Solution

kingspaghetti

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

Alright, So I downloaded the program and ran it. I got this for a crash dump file:

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022317-17468-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: wdf01000.sys (Wdf01000+0x3B533)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF8036B7DA1A0, 0xFFFFE100A7A48088, 0xFFFFE100A7A478B0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wdf01000.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Currently, I can run my PC in safe mode just fine, in fact, that's what I have been doing to access this forum.
Now you suggest wiping my C: drive. I am okay with this, but I am not okay with wiping my E: drive. Should I physically unplug it from my PC if I go to do the wipe? Or will it be untouched regardless?

Thanks for the reply, Steve

Colif

Win 11 Master
we can try to fix the problem or you can do a reset which would mean installing all the drivers again and likely fix the problem along the way. Also means installing all your programs again.

If you want to try to fix it, Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

I can't read the dumps but perhaps somone will look at them for you and see if they show another cause besides a part of windows

If e drive is a 2nd hdd, the reset won't touch any files on it. It only effects C drive.