[SOLVED] System thread exception not handled when updating graphics driver

ryancancraft

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
Today I installed a new graphics card onto my PC. I went to update the graphics card via GeForce experience, however when it is roughly 1/8th through "Express Install" my PC crashes with the error System thread exception not handled
Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

I can give more information if needed (Not really good with computers so I have no idea what information to give)
The crashing only happens when i try to update the drivers.

Solution
am i allowed to boop?

I don't know man never had that issue or heard of it myself, since it's not the drivers try making sure all cables are properly connected inside your pc (don't touch anything but cables and make sure it's unplugged completely and off, also when off spam the power button to drain power)

If the GPU is in correctly and the drivers aren't the issue it could be windows or your gpu could be bad (not sure on that one)

It's kind of hard to stress test it when it has no drivers...

ryancancraft

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
Ok so just to make sure I did this right here is what I did:
Installed that, selected GeForce then clicked clean and restart.
Went to NVIDIA website, manually selected driver and installed, installing I selected "Driver (Not Experience)

The error continued to occur at the same point after this.

Since this I have also tried to use an earlier driver, did not work

Last edited:

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
am i allowed to boop?

I don't know man never had that issue or heard of it myself, since it's not the drivers try making sure all cables are properly connected inside your pc (don't touch anything but cables and make sure it's unplugged completely and off, also when off spam the power button to drain power)

If the GPU is in correctly and the drivers aren't the issue it could be windows or your gpu could be bad (not sure on that one)

It's kind of hard to stress test it when it has no drivers...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS