System thread exception, only once at startup

chronicler

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015
Hey guys, I've been getting a (usually) "system thread exception not handled" error on startup, and I'm honestly not sure where it's coming from. It only seems to happen when I start up for the first time in several hours of it being off, and it generally will crash right before I get to the login screen. After it collects data and restarts, it's fine, and it is fine on any successive reboots.

A bit more information:
It's been happening for a while. And I just got an ssd and did a clean install on that, thinking it would fix it. Did not. So software-wise, I have the usuals that I downloaded with ninite (so, mostly things like steam/chrome/eclipse), and I transferred over my games from steam (and I may have transferred over my drivers from the hdd too).

I've checked the usual culprits with the display drivers, and some of the programs that act weird on windows 10, but nothing seems to help.

Thanks

Solution
Can you please pass on your full systems specs?

When you speak of
...(and I may have transferred over my drivers from the hdd too).
Do you mean you cloned your drive and reinstalled it after OS installation?

Speaking of installation is this a clean install or did you take the upgrade path from an older OS?

You can try sfc / scannow and perhaps a repair install and see if that resolves the issue though I'd be eager to see if your devices have something to say about the above linked suggestions...? Like BIOS updates and/or driver conflicts.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please pass on your full systems specs?

When you speak of
...(and I may have transferred over my drivers from the hdd too).
Do you mean you cloned your drive and reinstalled it after OS installation?

Speaking of installation is this a clean install or did you take the upgrade path from an older OS?

You can try sfc / scannow and perhaps a repair install and see if that resolves the issue though I'd be eager to see if your devices have something to say about the above linked suggestions...? Like BIOS updates and/or driver conflicts.

Solution