[SOLVED] System time out of sync

Jul 3, 2020
Hello guys. What could be the cause of the problem if the system clock remains behind in Windows 10? The PC is brand new (built on parts). Thanks for answers.

Solution
The time zone is set correctly. When I click on [Adjust date/time -> Sync now] the time is OK, but after some time it remains behind (irregular minutes). The system motherboard is like new, so I don't think it's related to CMOS battery.

As unlikely as it could be, did you surf somewhere that you could have gotten a virus on the new system. One of the first things many virus will do is to knock time out of whack as it makes other things in Windows protections and updates not work correctly.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The time zone is set correctly. When I click on [Adjust date/time -> Sync now] the time is OK, but after some time it remains behind (irregular minutes). The system motherboard is like new, so I don't think it's related to CMOS battery.

As unlikely as it could be, did you surf somewhere that you could have gotten a virus on the new system. One of the first things many virus will do is to knock time out of whack as it makes other things in Windows protections and updates not work correctly.

Solution