System tray icons disappeared in Windows 10

mistabeech

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
Hi all,

Recently I noticed that some of my system tray icons had stopped appearing in Windows 10, namely the volume, power and user control.

I checked the settings and they were turned off, problem is I cannot turn them back on as they are sort of grayed off so you can't change the setting.

Please help guys and gals and thank you in advance.

Solution
Did the issue occur after a mandatory windows update? If so then perform a system restore and if that doesn't help perform a repair install.

It may offer us some insight if you could please pass on your full systems specs. If a laptop then include the make and model number. In the meantime try and keep a bootable USB installer handy for troubleshooting. Speaking of installer, is your copy of Windows 10 availed through the free upgrade path or a new install?

Lutfij

Titan
Did the issue occur after a mandatory windows update? If so then perform a system restore and if that doesn't help perform a repair install.

It may offer us some insight if you could please pass on your full systems specs. If a laptop then include the make and model number. In the meantime try and keep a bootable USB installer handy for troubleshooting. Speaking of installer, is your copy of Windows 10 availed through the free upgrade path or a new install?

Solution