System Tray management

Is there a way to select the programs your system starts
with. At the moment I have downloaded a copy of MSconfig
for win2k and use the selective startup. Is this the
correct proceedure for long term removal of unwanted
programs in your system tray? thanks.

dl

Some apps that pop themselves into the sys tray have an option to stop this,
others dont
You can if you wish edit the registry - MSconfig is simpler/safer?

"Brett West" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to select the programs your system starts
> with. At the moment I have downloaded a copy of MSconfig
> for win2k and use the selective startup. Is this the
> correct proceedure for long term removal of unwanted
> programs in your system tray? thanks.

Cyberbug

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

Where in the registry can I edit to hide icons in the system tray?

----- DL wrote: -----

Some apps that pop themselves into the sys tray have an option to stop this,
others dont
You can if you wish edit the registry - MSconfig is simpler/safer?

"Brett West" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to select the programs your system starts
> with. At the moment I have downloaded a copy of MSconfig
> for win2k and use the selective startup. Is this the
> correct proceedure for long term removal of unwanted
> programs in your system tray? thanks.

TRENDING THREADS