System turned off and GPU Lights as well, but the Cooler and Fan lights were ON

tabishtq

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Hello guys,

The issue I faced today is that my system suddenly crashed while I was watching Netflix, my display went black its power light started blinking as to indicate no signal so I looked into the casing through its glass panel and my GPU's lights were off but my CPU cooler lights were "ON" and so were my front facing FAN lights, now I didn't get the time in the frustration to check the motherboard lights I tried shutting it by holding the power button for half a minute or so but that didn't help so I turned off the PSU button opened the case just to inspect if there's any physical harm which could be seen, but I didn't find anything.

Specs

Ryzen 5 1600x (No OC)
16gb Corsair 8x8 3200Mhz
Asus Prime X370 Pro
Cooler master 212 Turbo led Red
Aorus GTX 1060 6gb rev 2.0
2 TB Seagate
550 Watt Corsair PSU
Spec-04 Casing with one front facing FAN

Nothing is overclocked on this system except the ram to 2999mhz which the guys who I bought it from did after assembly.

Now I bought it last Saturday and its been working fine even though I made it for my work I didnt actually find the time to do benchmarks its only been 3 to 4 days. Just tried one game Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice which seems to work brilliantly.

What do you guys suggest I should do? Every thing is in warranty but still I want run some benchmarks etc if there are any so that I know if its working fine or not.

Would appreciate the help thanks in advance.

tabishtq

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010

Hi thank you for the reply. Yeah as far as drives and utilities are concerned everything is updated. It wasnt just my led screen loosing signals. My gpu was somehow off while (the lights on it turned off)the cpu fan was on (lights working)and the case fan was on as well (lights on) i am just worried as why my gpu lost power system got stucked couldnt turn it off with the power buttom so I turned it off manually with the PSU button.

Cioby

Distinguished
Are your GPU lights turned on now? The GPU not spinning is not a real issue with Aorus, these cards are so good, my fans barely start to spin when I'm in the Witcher 3 game for over 10 seconds. Unless your temperatures are high, your fans won't spin, if your card is set to SILENT MODE in Aorus app, it will not spin even if they get fried so NEVER USE SILENT MODE.

Try using a different port. Or different type of cable if you have the slots on your monitor, like HDMI or DP.

tabishtq

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Hello thanks for the response.

Gpu is working fine i just did some benchmarks with 3DMark namely TIME SPY and FIRE something.

GPU gets to 64 deg max its idle on 41.
I will post the temps shortly.

The only temperature which seem irregular is my PCH sitting at 60 to 64 celcius i dont know if I should be worried about this or not.

I just updated my BIOS to version 1001 from asus website using usb stick. Strange thing is that after updating when it restarted my system got hanged at ASUS logo, keyboard and mouse went dead (Gpu power was on lights were on)I forced restarted the system with casing button and then i got a message that dont plug off power, BIOS is updating. And UPDATED so wiered.

In the BIOS i re overclocked the RAM to 2933mhz and set the volts at 1.3500.

It worked checked the new settings in BIOS....after that went in the system hoping for better temps but the PCH was same as well as every other component.

So I thought I should try the fan xpert from AI Suite 3 which came with the motherboard. So I try the auto fan tuning and while it was scanning fans my gpu lights turned off meaning powered off blank screen keyboard and mouse stuck and I couldnt restart with the power button.

So I turned off the main switch and turned the system back on and then while I was answering here my system again got into the same situation.

Now what I have done is set everything to auto in bios so my ram overclock is back to normal i have a feeling on overclock thing but PCH at same temp.

Would really appreciate the help thanks again in advance

tabishtq

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Just want to update i just installed street fighter v and saw green screen I , first I thought its the game but when it landed on start screen is was still green I shut down the app and then started hellblade just to be sure it worked fine then i tried life is strange that too worked fine after these two i restarted Street Fighter V and it worked just fine.....at this moment I am really worried and after my bios update issue my system has restarted it self twice ...it wasnt stuck but restarted.

All my drivers etc are upto date so is windows 10 . What is causing this malfunction.

I am going to take this to my vendor tomorrow btw. I would still like some expert advice please.

Cioby

Distinguished
Well as expert advice as we can give, the people there can probably do better unless they are just hired to sit around. Especially since they can see and work first hand on the PC unlike us. Why is overclocking the RAM so important to you? Unless the CPU is really underperforming, RAM speed is worth 0 in gaming performance or desktop performance in general.

Also your PCH is under normal temperatures.

tabishtq

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010

Overclocking the RAM is not important for me, I was just asking if whats happening with me can be fixed. PCH temps was the only one which seemed higher thats why i was asking if its normal or not.

Just needed some guidance on following issues.

1. Why is my system restarting on its own even when all the temps are all normal. Is my 550 PSU the culprit.

2. Why does my gpu keeps shutting down on its own and PC gets hanged Now finally resulting in green screen and flickering.
Is my gpu toasted?

3. When I updated the bios it gets stuck on blank screen after initial restart on which I had to force restart to get back into the system. Whats causing this.

5.After Bios update my system now restarts it self without any warning, gpu doesnt hang anymore but has shown green screen on one game.

Now i feel like there is something thats malfunctioning which has caused some harm to my gpu.
Thats why i see green screen now sadly.

I just want some info or guidance on these issues thats all.

Thanks for the help.

Cioby

Distinguished
Well the minimum required is 400W PSU. If the PSU is old or low quality, it may be to blame. Otherwise there might be some issues with your motherboard. Can you reset the battery on your motherboard? See if the same issue occurs.

It's weird if an update from their own website is causing issues. Did it say any other things? Like is it for Revision 1 or 2? (in case it has revisions) are you sure it's the exact same model as yours? Did they provide any other info or step by step instructions? Did you try using your GPU in a different PCI-E x16 slot?