Question System turns off error 41??

boostinu13

Commendable
May 14, 2021
So have not had any issues for my computer in awhile (besides an outdated bios and wrong monitor cable).
I was playing Subnautica (original) and finished it with no issues so just started Below Zero.
My Pc shut down for no reason but to the point I have to turn it off at the switch as holding the power button does nothing. When it shuts off the ram rgb stays on, and my motherboard as a lcd screen saying game on that is just half of it so I turn it off at the switch to shut it all down.
I had changed my mother board from XMP off to on which changed my ram from 2166 to 3600 last night which had not issues with the original game. I tried turning it off again but still the same issues.
The temps are around 75-79 for my GPU and 60-70 for CPU which I have looked up are fine.
It has no issues browsing and as I said on the original game. I did the OCCT stress test and didnt find anything (i think)

All drivers are up to date

Event viewer says
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." with the source: Kernel0Power and the Event IF 41.

The PSU is a 1000w platinum that is less than a few months old.

Running a -
5950x, msi 570x godlike, 3090 msi gaming tri, 6 ll120 fans. lian li aio, 2 x 16GB DDR4-2133 F4-3600C-16GTZNC (would this mean my tops should be 2133 or 3600?)
Cooler Master V 1000W 80 PLUS PLATINUM

Any help or if you need more info please let me know. Or other tests I could do. I do not have anything else to test my components on tho.
Thank you.

Update - Works fine if I hook it up to an older HDMI monitor running at 1920 x 1080 and 50z
- Setting my G7 to 140hz did nothing and it still stopped.
  • Only Subnautica Below Zero seems to do it. Had been playing Subnautica 1 for ages.
  • Temps seem ok as it should not just shut up until 90-100 and instead perform worse.
  • I did furmark stresstest sat around 77 degrees cel. Left the room came back 15mins later and the same thing had happened. Did it again on the second test. Not sure if it's gpu temp / PSU draw / something else
This was under the stress test and was at these temps for awhile before shutting down

View: https://imgur.com/v8kvXZ8

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Event 41 isn't the cause, its a reaction. When windows starts up, it runs a report and if it finds it wasn't shut down properly previous shutdown, it creates event 41.
Its not telling you anything you didn't know.

just thought I mention it

boostinu13

Commendable
May 14, 2021
Event 41 isn't the cause, its a reaction. When windows starts up, it runs a report and if it finds it wasn't shut down properly previous shutdown, it creates event 41.
Its not telling you anything you didn't know.

just thought I mention it
Oh well that's frustrating. Means I am starting from blank and I'm not good with these things. Thanks for mentioning it though.

boostinu13

Commendable
May 14, 2021
So it played for about 45mins before shutting down today. Turned on and 2 mins later same thing. Changed to a 1080 hdmi monitor and it doesn't seem to be happening

boostinu13

Commendable
May 14, 2021
So it played for about 45mins before shutting down today. Turned on and 2 mins later same thing. Changed to a 1080 hdmi monitor and it doesn't seem to be happening
So tried it back again downstairs and changed the display from 240hz to 144hz and it still did it. bt the one other <Mod Edit> monitor works fine

Last edited by a moderator: