Question System turns on, black screen, no access to bios.

Apr 30, 2020
Built a pc for my grandpa cause he needed a new one. Build went fine until I turned it on for the first time. Everything was fine, but black screen on the monitor. I have no access to the bios, pressing F2 or delete gets me nothing. Screen is still black. So i'm sitting here, trying to figure out how i can get into the bios. And now i'm wondering if there is an error while it's posting. I don't have a motherboard speaker, so i can't know for sure.

Here's a list of the things i've done.

Booted with only one ram stick, switched between both slots, then did the same with the other ram stick. This was done with any unnecessary parts unplugged, (i.e usb headers, dvd drive, hard drive, etc) Result: Black Screen
Booted with motherboard inside and outside the case. Result: Black Screen
Took out the motherboard battery and put it back in after a couple minutes. Result: Black Screen
Booted with no ram installed. Result: System shut itself off

I'm out of ideas on what to do, and would like to get this to my grandpa as soon as I can. I honestly just wanna be done with this. I've gone through numerous threads, and articles, trying stuff that works but i'm dead in the water. All I need is to get into the bios.

System Specs:
i5-8400
Asus Prime H310M-E R2.0
8GB (2*4GB) HyperX Fury Ram @ 2666Hrz
1TB Barracuda HDD from Seagate
DVD Drive
450W PSU that came with the case.

Apr 30, 2020
If your using integrated graphics, I would think the solution is something dumb, like its plugged into the wrong port on the back, using the wrong cable/ broken cable, or the monitor is set to the wrong input.

Apr 30, 2020
If your using integrated graphics, I would think the solution is something dumb, like its plugged into the wrong port on the back, using the wrong cable/ broken cable, or the monitor is set to the wrong input.
Cable and monitor are brand new from my own personal computer. I've tried switching inputs and nothing.

Apr 30, 2020
Built a pc for my grandpa cause he needed a new one. Build went fine until I turned it on for the first time. Everything was fine, but black screen on the monitor. I have no access to the bios, pressing F2 or delete gets me nothing. Screen is still black. So i'm sitting here, trying to figure out how i can get into the bios. And now i'm wondering if there is an error while it's posting. I don't have a motherboard speaker, so i can't know for sure.

Here's a list of the things i've done.

Booted with only one ram stick, switched between both slots, then did the same with the other ram stick. This was done with any unnecessary parts unplugged, (i.e usb headers, dvd drive, hard drive, etc) Result: Black Screen
Booted with motherboard inside and outside the case. Result: Black Screen
Took out the motherboard battery and put it back in after a couple minutes. Result: Black Screen
Booted with no ram installed. Result: System shut itself off

I'm out of ideas on what to do, and would like to get this to my grandpa as soon as I can. I honestly just wanna be done with this. I've gone through numerous threads, and articles, trying stuff that works but i'm dead in the water. All I need is to get into the bios.

System Specs:
i5-8400
Asus Prime H310M-E R2.0
8GB (2*4GB) HyperX Fury Ram @ 2666Hrz
1TB Barracuda HDD from Seagate
DVD Drive
450W PSU that came with the case.
Turns out the RAM wasn't plugged in all the way. Of course. It's fixed now, sent it to my grandpa and he was really thankful.

Reactions: Magical.Enema