Acer V193HQ monitor
Circle 400 Watt CPH698 V12 SMPS
Two HDD:
New Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Hitachi 500GB Old one
Intel DH55PJ Motherboard
2 slots : 2 DDR3 ram each 2GB
LG DVD writer
The problem started when "A problem with the hard drive has been detected" message shows up after the BIOS page.I thought that my HDD is dying because of the bad Power Supply.So I bought a new HDD and the circle SMPS.But now after doing all this black screen appears after No Signal message. Also weird is that the cabinet fan is not spinning (Starts for 1 sec and stops)and everything is fine so I doubt that there's a problem with the monitor.I do not hear any beeps during startup.Plzz help cuz I have already spent my cash on HDD and SMPS.

Reepime

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
First thing would be to test the motherboard is posting. This can be done by removing all the RAM and trying to turn it on. You should hear a series of Beeps indicating the RAM isn't detected. If you don't, then the motherboard isn't posting and thus there's either a problem with the motherboard or the PSU you got. If you hear the beeps with the RAM removed, then the motherboard is posting and something else is causing an issue.

The main concerning fact though is the fans not spinning. I know you mention the cabinet fan, but check the CPU/Processor fan specifically. If the computer is powered on, that should be spinning.

Devang1999

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
I removed the RAM and yes there were beeps.Also I tried a new monitor from my friend still no display black screen.The cabinet fans still not spinning(CPU , PSU fan is spinning).

Reepime

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
If the CPU fan is spinning and the PSU Fan is spinning and you heard beeps when taking out the ram and powering the system, then it's safe to assume the computer is attempting to start. So, this comes down to 2 possibilities. 1 is that the video card is bad (or a bad connection). Another is that the PSU isn't supplying power to the video card.

If you're using a dedicated video card, try removing the video card and connecting a cable directly to your motherboard (Either VGA or DVI) and see if you can get a picture or if the computer boots. If you still aren't getting a picture then it's a cable/monitor issue.

If you already are connecting the monitor directly to the motherboard, then I'd assume it's a problem with the onboard video card or the cable. You can test by trying a different cable and by hooking up a different video card (dedicated) and checking if it works.

Devang1999

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
OK sorry guys my cabinet fan is dead.Also I don't have any video cards installed and I have directly connected to the mobo. I will try with a new cable, already tried changing monitor.

Devang1999

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
Sorry for being late..I tried my monitor on different CPU and it worked perfectly. Now I know that the problem is not VGA cable or monitor but something else. plzz guide me through

Reepime

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
If you've tested the monitor and the VGA cable and they both seem fine, then the problem comes down to the PSU or the Motherboard. If the old PSU was having issues, it's possible it could have damaged your motherboard. You'll have to test the PSU and motherboard. You can do this by hooking the PSU up to a different computer (that's known to work) or by using a PSU tester, or by using a Multimeter. Don't know of a good way to test the motherboard, but if the PSU is working fine, along with everything else, I'd assume the motherboard may have been damaged.

Devang1999

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
I m using new PSU even though I tried my friend's working PSU but the same issue. Now my question is should I try my friend's motherboard and will it affect his working system after test as he is afraid to allow me to do so

TRENDING THREADS