[SOLVED] System underperforming [FIXED BY REINSTALLING WINDOWS]

Aug 10, 2020
[FIXED BY REINSTALLING WINDOWS]

THIS HAS BEEN PASTED FROM MY REDDIT POST!
For those who don't know what RLCraft is, it's heavily modded Minecraft basically and I thought it performed fine until I stumbled upon the video of a de with same specs as me having double the fps, and then I went to investigate....

Been having issues with RLCraft lately, actually, I thought it was fine until I found out it wasn't. I have a Ryzen 5 2600 paired with 1660 super and 16 GB of 3200 Mhz ram (running at 3000 mhz cuz b1g crashes idk why) and I'm having anywhere between 70 fps up to 120 depending on the situation. All this time I was thinking that I'm getting the maximum out of RLCraft, got 6 GB allocated to it (more than 6 Gb will cause even lower fps for some odd java reason so 6 Gb is the sweat spot) Nvidia 3D settings are on maximum performance and the power plan is on maximum performance but then I stumbled upon this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ9bOrswEfM&t=275s

The dude has twice the fps on much higher settings than mine and has a little bit better fps than me with freaking S H A D E R S. With the same specs. I tried playing with shaders but I was barely at 50-60 fps and I was crashing constantly, also here is the vid of my CPU and GPU usage while playing RLCraft (CPU usage is fine I think but GPU usage is definitely not where it should be) https://streamable.com/75i9ia

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm very close to reinstalling my windows for the 10th time this month.

Last edited:
Solution
For those who don't know what RLCraft is, it's heavily modded Minecraft basically and I thought it performed fine until I stumbled upon the video of a de with same specs as me having double the fps, and then I went to investigate....

Been having issues with RLCraft lately, actually, I thought it was fine until I found out it wasn't. I have a Ryzen 5 2600 paired with 1660 super and 16 GB of 3200 Mhz ram (running at 3000 mhz cuz b1g crashes idk why) and I'm having anywhere between 70 fps up to 120 depending on the situation. All this time I was thinking that I'm getting the maximum out of RLCraft, got 6 GB allocated to it (more than 6 Gb will cause even lower fps for some odd java reason so 6...

Been having issues with RLCraft lately, actually, I thought it was fine until I found out it wasn't. I have a Ryzen 5 2600 paired with 1660 super and 16 GB of 3200 Mhz ram (running at 3000 mhz cuz b1g crashes idk why) and I'm having anywhere between 70 fps up to 120 depending on the situation. All this time I was thinking that I'm getting the maximum out of RLCraft, got 6 GB allocated to it (more than 6 Gb will cause even lower fps for some odd java reason so 6 Gb is the sweat spot) Nvidia 3D settings are on maximum performance and the power plan is on maximum performance but then I stumbled upon this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ9bOrswEfM&t=275s

The dude has twice the fps on much higher settings than mine and has a little bit better fps than me with freaking S H A D E R S. With the same specs. I tried playing with shaders but I was barely at 50-60 fps and I was crashing constantly, also here is the vid of my CPU and GPU usage while playing RLCraft (CPU usage is fine I think but GPU usage is definitely not where it should be) https://streamable.com/75i9ia

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm very close to reinstalling my windows for the 10th time this month.
Well easy way for you to tell if it's wondows or not. Open cmd as admin and rund sfc /scannow. It will check for any corrupted windows paritions. To me it would spund more like you hace a compatibility issues if your ram isn't wanting to run at it's dedicated speeds. I would set your bios to defaulf lt and set your cpu and ram timings manually. See if you can get a steady clock yourself ram dosn't always like auto feature.

Reactions: LucyDrop
Solution