[SOLVED] System upgrade help. Mobo change?

SCAR1zma

Prominent
May 12, 2019
Hi. I would change my GPU and CPU.
GPU being RTX 2070 Super. And CPU, Ryzen 5 3600.

My current config is:

SMPS: VS 550 Corsair
RAM:16GB (8x2) HyperX
CPU: i5 7500
GPU:RX 480
MOBO: MSI B250M PRO-VDH
My issue is, would my power supply suffice? And would I need to change my motherboard?

Solution
ofcourse you'll need to change your mobo, you're going from Intel to AMD, you cant use intel mobos with AMD cpus, heck Intel doesn't even allow most of their CPUs to be compatible on a mobo but AMD does.
You should look for a b550 motherboard if you can find one at the right price. CPU is nice, GPU is great.
Your PSU is not enough to run that GPU or at the very least it's cutting it too close and not enough headroom. I recommend that you go for a 650W PSU and from a good brand like corsair.
ofcourse you'll need to change your mobo, you're going from Intel to AMD, you cant use intel mobos with AMD cpus, heck Intel doesn't even allow most of their CPUs to be compatible on a mobo but AMD does.
You should look for a b550 motherboard if you can find one at the right price. CPU is nice, GPU is great.
Your PSU is not enough to run that GPU or at the very least it's cutting it too close and not enough headroom. I recommend that you go for a 650W PSU and from a good brand like corsair.

Reactions: SCAR1zma
Solution

SCAR1zma

Prominent
May 12, 2019
Thank you for the answer. Need to save up more lol.