System Upgrade Help

motg12

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
hey guys i have an AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7 ghz,gpu geforce 6150se and 1 gb ram,mobo geforce 6100 PM M2
i want to upgrade my gpu,ram and mobo that can play saints row third,gta 4,cod blops 2 and other games that come before 2014.please suggest me a upgrade under indian rupees 10 k
i am upgrading in next month.

Solution
Yes that will work. Try to get an fx 6300 cpu if you can afford it.

You will need a new OS to go with it. Old one is tied to that computer.

I am not familiar with that particular mobo.

You would have some upgrade room for later starting with that.

exroofer

Distinguished
That sounds a lot like a store bought system using onboard graphics. If you list the model number we can look it up and see what you can do.
But most likely it has a small psu won't handle much of a video card upgrade due to power needs.

You would probably be better off starting from scratch to get the most for your money, however knowing what model you have will make it easier to tell.

If you have an open PCI-E slot, I would suggest a 7770 video card as a budget upgrade. They do not draw very much power so you could probably get away with one of those and get a very noticeable improvement.

It may be possible to get a quad core cpu that will fit your mobo, but that might not be good value for your money.

motg12

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
i just want to upgrade my gpu,mobo and ram to play games listed in first post.is there anything stops me from upgrading or should i buy a new pc so suggest me best parts

exroofer

Distinguished
Yes that will work. Try to get an fx 6300 cpu if you can afford it.

You will need a new OS to go with it. Old one is tied to that computer.

I am not familiar with that particular mobo.

You would have some upgrade room for later starting with that.

Solution