Question System upgrade

Feb 1, 2020
Hello guys,
Im planning to spend some money to upgrade my PC.
Here are my actual pc specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gp7Cn7

How would you rate my pc from 1-10 for today's standard?
What would be the best way to start? I was thinking about GPU, possibly 2070 or 2080

Im from Poland, and my budget is around 500-600 USD.
Im also keen on upgrading my sound card. Im using Microlab 7c which i cannot find on pcpartpicker. Would a new sound card improve my sound system?

Im happy to answer your question and read all of your comments.

M

Is there some way in which your pc is not doing the job for you?
What is the main use?
I might presume gaming.

I think a sound card upgrade would be the last thing on my list, I find motherboard sound to be perfectly fine to my tin ear.

Will you be buying new or used?

If you play fast action games, I think a graphics card upgrade would be a benefit.
Something like a GTX1070ti or RTX2060 if you play games with ray tracing.

A 120gb ssd is too small for windows. It will lose endurance and performance as it fills up past 90%.
With500gb and 1tb drives reasonably priced, I would go with that.
Repurpose your WD 1tb drive to be a usb connected backup device.
I like the samsung 860 evo drives, and their ssd migration aid is simple to use.

Your I7-4790K is still quite good.
If you want to improve on that, you will bust your budget for current gen intel or ryzen.

I would look toward the newly announced I5-10600K, a Z490 motherboard, and a 2 x 8gb kit of ddr4 ram.

For today's standards, I'd give it a 6/10 based on an imaginary scale in my head, the 4 cores 8 threads will be fine for general gaming, as long as you don't stream as well.
You can find a 2060 super(2070) within your budget, a 2070 super is around 2,600pln.
At 1440p resolution, your cpu will game just fine with most gpu's.

In regards to your speakers, you should look into a usb DAC and amp or a DAC amp combo that's classified to power 50+ watts per channel, unless your 7c has a built in amp?

vhv89

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015
My microlab 7c has a built in amp. When it comes to gpu im looking to buy a card that will last me for 3-4 years. I use my pc mostly for gaming. I mainly play dayz, also other titles like warzone, rainbow six siege and any other new games on the market. Mostly its fps gaming. If i wanted to change my cpu, that means changing the motherboard as well and that might be a bit expensive. If i had to change most of the internals i think i would just buy a new rig alltogether. Do you think buying a you would give me significant boost in gaming? Is it prefferable to add extra cash and go for 2080?

A new amd cpu+ram+motherboard+500gb ssd would cost 1,900-2,400zł (depending on the motherboard)
A new intel cpu+ram+motherboard+500gb ssd would cost at least 2,500zł simply due to the lack of budget motherboards for socket 1200 atm.

Alternatively, a AMD pre-built pc with a rtx 2060 super would cost 5,000zł atm.

Intel's 10th gen cpu's have just released, so finding them will be a tad difficult for now.

BTW, the rtx 2060 super performs like a rtx 2070, a rtx 2070 super performs like a rtx 2080.

I would hold off on getting a dac or soundcard until you are sure what you want, on-board audio generally works well enough, and sometimes certain motherboards will have a quality dac built in.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS