Question System upgrade...

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Hi. I have old system, but it still runs fine. Maybe now, maybe few year ahead, when win10 support ends, i'm planning to upgrade some components.

Cpu: i7-3770
Mobo: msi h77
Ram: crucial ballistix 2 ×16 gb
Cooler: cryorig h5 universal
Gpu: gtx 1060 6 gb
Psu: seasonic m12ii-620
Case: fractal design focus g with stock fans and one aftermarket in back.
Hdd1: ~ 250 gb ssd
Hdd2: ~1 tb hdd

I'm thinking about cpu+mobo+ram first, that not bottlenecking gtx 1060 6gb. Leave cryorig h5 if it still good, and have some upgrade kits for new platforms. And seasonic m12ii-620, ssd and hdd if its enough for today. Im not big fan or enthusiast, have 24" 1080p monitor, it would be nice to play on high, or ultra some new games. Overclocking option is not necessary, maybe auto and safe + xmp for rams. Cpu with high turbo rates. I prefer intel, but amd also have new toys. Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
Oh, I don't know, if you think this system is enough for today, then I wait until 2025 :) But I want to change something maybe gtx 1060 to 1070/vega 56. Or leave how it is?
We can't answer if the system is "enough". Only you can.
Would a new motherboard/CPU/RAM improve your performance significantly? Sure. Would you find any benefit in that improvement? Unknown.
You say you want to play new games. I think that statement would require a core system replacement.

It is premature to plan on upgrades that might happen more than 6 months out.
Do not worry about windows 10 support.
It only means that new features will not be included in updates.
Cross that bridge when the time comes.

Are you having any performance problems?
If you want better performance now, there are some very good options available.
Do you have a budget?

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
I have some issues with network, files copying speed, but maybe it's old motherboard problem. Everything fine, feeling happy, maybe exchange gtx 1060 6gb to something powerfull that not bottlenecking cpu, for more fps count. I don't have budget right know.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
How full are your storage drives? If you don't have enough space on the SSD that could slow things down a lot.

Spinning disks are inherently so, but you might try defragmentation on it. You could be splattering pieces of files all over the drive instead of writing in contiguous blocks.

Reactions: Blitz Blitz