Question SYSTEM user deleted - Denied Access on hard disk partition

Aug 16, 2019
So I deleted all user groups and permisions on drive C and D.
Couldn't acces then any of them, there was no user available anymore. Tried Properties-Security-Permissions but was stuck.
Tried to reinstall Windows but I can t since now I have 2 Primary Partitions.
I Just want to save some folders from D:

Current situation: no windows, just MS DOS and Windows installation cd. Can t access D: since there is no one to take permissions.

What to do? Ask for more info

Ralston18

Titan
Your system boots from C: drive where the User Accounts are maintained.

D: is normally a data drive.

Which drive had the partition to which you were denied access?

What process or "how-to" (if any) were you following when the User accounts were deleted?

Deleting User accounts and permissions does not delete or otherwise default to some unprotected status for partitions, folders, and files.

And reinstalling Windows most likely made things worse.

Here are a couple of links that might help.

https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/accidentally-deleted-administrator-account-on-windows-10.html

https://windowsreport.com/fix-deleted-administrator-account-accident/

Again, you may have already gone too far in your actions. And if prompted for user names and passwords you will need to know and provide those user names and passwords.

Remember that Forum rules prohibit assistance with "work-arounds" or hacks regarding access to systems, drivers, partitions, folders, and files.

Aug 16, 2019
I know users and passowords.
Windows was on C.
So I right clicked C and D and removed all users :) don't know what was in my mind. So when I was trying to access C or D from windows I got Access Denied. Also I couldn't set System or other users since the Security Panel would freeze.
So I could be able to access D if I know my user and passoword even if I deleted it? But how.

I can access ms dos from the windows installation disk. I want to get in D:

Aug 16, 2019
I managed to do a workaround. It might help someone.
So. I physically removed D. Therefore I was able the format and install windows on C. Added back physically drive D.
Then, added my former username back to the hard disk users, giving me access to folders, but couldn't see pictures. Then added back Administrator account to D: and was able to also see picthres or text documents.

SOLVED