Question System video pauses every 2 seconds ?

woofwoofbark

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
For the past year or so my system would pause , just the visuals as in video , but not the audio..
This would happen when playing some of my games but not all of them..
Like on train sim world for example , the world around me would stop for a second every 2 seconds and when watching twitch on my second monitor at the same time that stream would pause also but just like the game I was playing the audio would be uninterrupted..

I installed train sim world and a few others that would this issue would happen and the issue returned..
I decided to open task manager and made it full screen on my second monitor too see if anything showed up, but I didnt notice anything out of the usual...
But as the task manager was full screen the pauses werent as often , sometime the games were smooth...
I decided to close my browser, google chrome , and the pauses went away , maybe its an extension ?
I installed firefox and ran that instead but the pausing returned when I played the games, but went away when I closed firefox....

I have played all these games in the past a lot without problem but maybe the last year or so this has been happening, but the game play great without a browser open.
I like to watch streams as I play and was wondering if someone could help maybe work out how to have games and browser/stream open at the same time...

Thanks for any help

My system is old
7970 top edition
16gb ddr3

I can get the full specs if you need it

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Use Resource Monitor to look at system performance.

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free) may also prove useful to learn what may be slowing down system performance.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Key is to be methodical in your observations and control any changes you make. Change only one thing at a time.

Do not just start disabling or uninstalling things unless you know exactly what it is and does.

And be sure that all important data is backed up, off system, and proven recoverable and readable.