System will not boot ASRock x58 extreme

frawressvictoly

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
This happed a few times in the past but after a 2nd restart it would load fine. Now this morning I did a restart on the pc but it wont load.

I seem to be getting stuck on ASRock Boot logo screen. I can't get into the bios or any buttons to function, I think it is freezing on this.

I have tried to power it off and let it set for a few mins, no difference.
I tried to clear the cmos w/ the handy clear cmos button, no diffrence

The debug LED reads 75 and stays that way. The manual reads "Initialize Int-13 and prepare for IPL detection." is what that means. I dont know what int-13 or IPL is.

Im not really sure what todo.

I did add a SSD yesterday, I prob reboot the computer w/ zero issues serveral times after that. (thinking this might be the issue I removed the SSD this morning, no difference)

Like I said this has happend a few times in the past but it would sort of sort its self out.

I hope you guys can help me solve this one.

System specs
Mobo : Asrock x58 extreme
Ram : G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
cpu : i7 920
SSD : 120 gig ocz vertex
HHD : 1TB Samsung 7500rpm
GPU : HD 5870

not sure what else helps

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010

Hi. I noticed you haven't gotten any help with your problem and I was wondering what is the out come.
I recently started having the same problem with the same mother board but I have a Corsair 115 GB SSD. I suspect it is either the mobo or the ssd that has the problem but im leaning toward the ssd. The reason being I switched the ssd with OS, Hard disk storage drive and the CD rom drive to all the ports and the ssd with the OS is the only one not detected anywhere.
It boots up to the 75 boot code and freezes. If i hit the delete key during boot the bios screen shows the ram, cpu temps, etc but no ssd. In the boot screen it shows the hard storage disk and cd rom but not the SSD
Let me know what was your outcome if any. maybe we can help eachother.

frawressvictoly

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Bad Mobo. It was freezing when trying to look for sata drives. I could take out the ssd and put in an old ide hhd and it still froze on the sata search .

They offered to RMA it for a fee 10 dollars under the cost of a new mobo. So I used it as a frisbee and said good goodbye to that mob once and for all. that would of been my 4th replacement if I paid for it.

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
It was the motherboard?????? Dame !!!
I thought it was the SSD that froze up because all my other drives were detected in the bios regardless of what sata port I connected them too. So I just RMA'ed the SSD to Newegg its still under warrenty. Well I guess I'll have a new SSD and will have to buy another motherboard. Guess I will get a gigabit or ASUS this time. What did you get?