Question System will not boot with my rx 5700 xt!

Mikkel_1989

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
Here's my issue!

A few months ago, I purchased an rx 5700 xt (gigabyte gaming oc) to replace my gtx 1050 (prior to this I owned an r9 270x, working flawlessly).
Had a few issues getting my system to boot with the new card plugged in, but I managed to get it working after switching around some cables to the monitor (using a dp-cable).
Now, a couple months later, I am encountering the same problem - only now it persists. Here's the problem:

- When I boot up the computer, all lights turn on, fans are running, but there is no action on the monitor. My keyboard doesn't light up either. I found a workaround that more or less works everytime, but it's extremely impractical and quite irritating. I turn of the pc, switch the monitor cable from the gpu to the motherboard, unplug the psu cables from the gpu, and can succesfully boot the system. I now shut down the pc, switch back the monitor cable to the gpu, as well as plugging in power to the gpu, and then boot - now it boots succesfully..... until I decide to shut down the pc and turn it back on - then it wont boot and I have to repeat the steps again.

Hope some of you might have an idea of what's causing this

Thanks in advance

Ferimer

Distinguished
Here's my issue!

A few months ago, I purchased an rx 5700 xt (gigabyte gaming oc) to replace my gtx 1050 (prior to this I owned an r9 270x, working flawlessly).
Had a few issues getting my system to boot with the new card plugged in, but I managed to get it working after switching around some cables to the monitor (using a dp-cable).
Now, a couple months later, I am encountering the same problem - only now it persists. Here's the problem:

- When I boot up the computer, all lights turn on, fans are running, but there is no action on the monitor. My keyboard doesn't light up either. I found a workaround that more or less works everytime, but it's extremely impractical and quite irritating. I turn of the pc, switch the monitor cable from the gpu to the motherboard, unplug the psu cables from the gpu, and can succesfully boot the system. I now shut down the pc, switch back the monitor cable to the gpu, as well as plugging in power to the gpu, and then boot - now it boots succesfully..... until I decide to shut down the pc and turn it back on - then it wont boot and I have to repeat the steps again.

Hope some of you might have an idea of what's causing this

Thanks in advance
When you installed the new GPU did you remove all the drivers of the old GPU? as well as the integrated Graphics on the board?