[SOLVED] System will not boot without GPU removed

Aug 12, 2019
Hi I have been messing with my computer for a couple days now and I still cannot get it to work. Specs CPU: i5-8400 (intel stock cooler) Motherboard: MSI B360M Bazooka PSU: EVGA 600watt 80+ certified RAM: XPG 8gb stick GPU: MSI 1660 Storage: 2tb hd 128 ssd Network: MSI network card. The problem started when the pc was moved around. After setting it back up I could not get the computer to display, I troubleshooted and removed the gpu. The computer then booted up. I decided that it was either the gpu or the psu’s gpu powercords. There was a ASUS 1060 gpu in the computer before the 1660. The 1060 has white leds that light up when the gpu is supplied with enough power. I then decided that it had to be the gpu and not the psu. I replaced the 1060 with a brand new out of the box gtx 1660, and the problem still occurred. Still, I cannot get the computer to display onto my monitor. Please help :( P.S. sorry if this post is not correctly formatted first post needed help fast

Solution
Sorry my last message was meant for another thread 🙄

Yea try disable igpu / force pcie. Try clear cmos as well. Disconnect pc power, hold case power button for 30seconds to discharge remaining power. Remove coin size battery from mobo. Leave for 5mins. Remember which side the battery goes back.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It boots without gpu but doesn't boot with gpu. Tried two different cards, same thing.

Where's the video cable connected to?

Igpu's video is usually automatically disabled when a gpu is installed and reenables when there's no gpu. If you are using igpu video port, your gpu's video ports are further down the case.

Aug 12, 2019
It boots without gpu but doesn't boot with gpu. Tried two different cards, same thing.

Where's the video cable connected to?

Igpu's video is usually automatically disabled when a gpu is installed and reenables when there's no gpu. If you are using igpu video port, your gpu's video ports are further down the case.
Yes, the hdmi cable is plugged into the Graphics card not the motherboards output.

Aug 12, 2019
Sorry don’t know what eps is, but yes everything else is fine. I have booted successfully many times with the gpu taken out. I saw a video where I disable the igpu manually, you think that’s worth a shot?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry my last message was meant for another thread 🙄

Yea try disable igpu / force pcie. Try clear cmos as well. Disconnect pc power, hold case power button for 30seconds to discharge remaining power. Remove coin size battery from mobo. Leave for 5mins. Remember which side the battery goes back.

Solution