Question System won’t boot following CPU change.

Cameron Sadowski

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
Hi guys.

Here’s my build:
Gigabyte GA-Ab35
Ryzen 7 3700X (recently upgraded to from 1700X)
MSI GTX 1080 Ti DUKE
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32 GB RAM 3200mhz

I updated the bios so it would allow 3rd Gen Ryzen support, and after I first installed the chip, everything worked fine. Played a game for an hour or so, but then I saw my RAM was 16 GB in task manager even though I had a 32 GB kit installed (both ram lights were on). After running a Windows Memory Diagnostic test, my RAM is not lighting up and my CPU warning light is on.

I’ve reseated the CPU and reset CMOS through the jumper, but I’m unsure of where to go now.

Hi guys.

Here’s my build:
Gigabyte GA-Ab35
Ryzen 7 3700X (recently upgraded to from 1700X)
MSI GTX 1080 Ti DUKE
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32 GB RAM 3200mhz

I updated the bios so it would allow 3rd Gen Ryzen support, and after I first installed the chip, everything worked fine. Played a game for an hour or so, but then I saw my RAM was 16 GB in task manager even though I had a 32 GB kit installed (both ram lights were on). After running a Windows Memory Diagnostic test, my RAM is not lighting up and my CPU warning light is on.

I’ve reseated the CPU and reset CMOS through the jumper, but I’m unsure of where to go now.
When reseating the CPU, did you check for any bent pins on the CPU? If not, do that.

Reactions: Cameron Sadowski

Cameron Sadowski

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
Is the system not turning on at all, as in no signs of life when you press the power button? Are there any lights that are on? Any indication that it is getting power, but not turning on?

The system turns on, but my RAM lights are off and CPU warning light is on. It won’t go to the boot screen. Everything else runs.