[SOLVED] System won’t do anything windows....

Aug 4, 2020
Good afternoon; I gave my son my old system (upgraded mine and built him with a few new parts) I loaded the OS just fine, even played a few games with him yesterday. Last night I moved the system to his room (completely uneventful). This morning I fired it up and the comp would Post, splash the bios screen then restart. It did this in an infinite loop.

here is everything I have tried and the result

cleared cmos (the right way) still looped post
Pulled each stick of ram and loaded each one singularly one by one, still looped

tried to fix windows with Windows media on usb, seemed like it couldn’t find windows.

chose fresh install, computer rebooted into post loop.

busted out cd of Windows, was able to install a fresh copy of windows.

because the disk is ancient, no drivers for the wireless card installed

try to update version of windows using Windows Media........ computer restarts and post loops again (mind you before trying to update the OS I was able to boot into windows multiple times)

install a different drive, try installing windows fresh from usb...... infinite post loop.

try to install windows from cd, I get a windows splash, blinking cursor in upper left corner, then the pc restarts and try’s the process all over again.

pull all components sans drive, one stick of ram (and I have tried each of the 4 sticks) and cpu. Computer post loops if I try installing from flash drive, and just cycles between trying to start windows install and rebooting when I use the CD.
At this point I suspect the Mobo, but I don’t know. Any suggestions are welcomed. Here are my specs

gigabyte Ga-ab350
ryzen 7 (1700 if I remember correctly)
2 sticks hyperx 3200 dd4
2 sticks evga 3200 dd4
WD 2Tb
(The backup drive I tried was a WD 1 Tb)
GeForce Rtx 1050ti

Solution
It’s plugged into a full UPS; do you think that would midigate that issue; or no?

I don't know much about UPS's as i use a laptop to work and a stabilizer for the desktop one, but you should check if the UPS can provide enough voltage and/or current (Amperage). It can also be that the voltage isn't stable enough, some power supplies shutdown everything, but the bios tries again to boot thus making the post loop.

So this is the test: Try connecting it without the UPS. If that fixes it, the UPS is having issues. If not, the incoming voltage could be unstable and the PC's power supply isn't able to correct it.You can also try to connect it in the room it was before, if the problem persists, it could be the motherboard or power...
Dec 25, 2020
Could be that the power supply is having issues with the voltage in the new room and perhaps can't feed the processor properly. Try to move it back to the last room it was.

Dec 25, 2020
It’s plugged into a full UPS; do you think that would midigate that issue; or no?

I don't know much about UPS's as i use a laptop to work and a stabilizer for the desktop one, but you should check if the UPS can provide enough voltage and/or current (Amperage). It can also be that the voltage isn't stable enough, some power supplies shutdown everything, but the bios tries again to boot thus making the post loop.

So this is the test: Try connecting it without the UPS. If that fixes it, the UPS is having issues. If not, the incoming voltage could be unstable and the PC's power supply isn't able to correct it.You can also try to connect it in the room it was before, if the problem persists, it could be the motherboard or power supply.

Solution
Aug 4, 2020

So this is the test: Try connecting it without the UPS. If that fixes it, the UPS is having issues. If not, the incoming voltage could be unstable and the PC's power supply isn't able to correct it.You can also try to connect it in the room it was before, if the problem persists, it could be the motherboard or power supply.
Thanks Cascote. I moved the pc to a different room, just so I could connect it to the internet via internal card. We will see what happens