[SOLVED] System won't boot after being turned off overnight.

Rider T

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2013
So I'll preface this by saying I think it's short circuit protection kicking in but can't determine where it's coming from. I built this system myself about 3.5 years ago now, and this is the first problem it's giving.

System Specs:
CPU: I7-8700k
Mobo: Asus Maximus X Hero Wi-Fi
->BIOS: 2603
Memory: TridentZ RGB 32GB
Graphics: Asus Strix RTX 2070 Super
-> Driver: 496.13
PSU: EVGA Supernova T2 1000W Titanium
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 1 TB
->Build: 20H2 or 21H1 (not sure)
Case: Deepcool Genome (built-in 360mm AIO for CPU)
Case Fans: XSPC Pro Series 120mm (x3)

So here's the situation. I powered down my PC last night before bed. My BIOS settings have the RGB lights on the mobo turned on when the computer is in a sleep state or turned off. When I woke up this morning, the PC wasn't receiving power. The white LEDs on my GPU that indicate its receiving power were turned off, and the mobo lights were off as well. My pc is plugged into a surge protector in the wall, and the rest of my electronics (TV, Gateway) that's connected to it are fine.

Confused, I flipped the power switch at the back of the PSU off and then back on. The RGB lights on the mobo powered on, as did the power indicators on the GPU and the mobo. I tried to turn the computer on and everything lit up for a second like it was beginning the boot process before all lights turned off again. I flipped the power switch at the back of the PSU, disconnected it, and went to make coffee (needed to start tackling a problem in the early hours of the morning). So the pc was devoid of power for maybe 10-15 mins. When I came back, I repeated the same process. Plugged pc in, hit the power button to clear capacitors of any charge, flipped the power switch on the back of the PSU to on position, and tried to boot.

Now here's where it gets strange. The computer actually booted. I managed to get to the login screen for windows, log in, and open up google chrome. I figured whatever the issue was resolved itself while the computer was off and I was good to go. Wanting to double-check that it was okay, I turned my computer off and attempted to boot again, but no luck. Back to the same issue of the board not receiving power. When I attempt to flip the PSU switch to deliver power to the board, the RGB lights and power lights will all come on for half a second before turning off. And they might turn on and off a few times before everything goes dark. I'll try to get a video of this behavior to make it clearer.

Steps to troubleshoot that I've already tried after this are as follows.

New PSU cable
Different power socket
Plugged PSU directly into wall
Tried different PSU entirely
Removed GPU and all but one RAM stick
Tried single ram stick seated in positions 1 and 4
Disconnected case fans except for the CPU AIO

As it is right now, I'm pretty stumped as to what could be causing it because the computer did boot up once after being unplugged for about 10 minutes, but now refuses to boot up again. And I can't figure out how it would short itself being powered off overnight, and plugged into a surge protector. It doesn't seem like there was a power surge overnight either because I didn't see any. of the other electronics in the house displaying signs like they went through a power surge. I'll try to take a video of its behavior to post here.

Solution
Update: Tried unplugging PC for an excess of 20 mins. Flipped power switch on and cleared CMOS. Managed to boot into Bios and log in. PC has GPU disconnected, ram stick in slot 4. Going to try turning it off and back on again
Check for any leaking from the AIO. I would suggest checking it very thoroughly.

Rider T

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2013
Update: Tried unplugging PC for an excess of 20 mins. Flipped power switch on and cleared CMOS. Managed to boot into Bios and log in. PC has GPU disconnected, ram stick in slot 4. Going to try turning it off and back on again