Question System won't boot or detect HDD.

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
I am trying to get Windows 10 to work on a relatively new system.
I was getting errors when installing on the new system Windows 10 via USB so I swapped the HDD over to another system and installed Windows without issue.
When pluming it back into the other newer system it's not being detected.
I have done multiple tests but have no clue whats causing the issue and says reboot and select proper boot device.
The newer system will detect and boot from a spare SSD I had lying around.
The HDD will boot without issue on the other older system.
I have tried different sata power ports and different sata ports, I have swapped SATA cables but for some reason the HDD will not be detected on that system.
I have no idea what is causing the issue. I am stumped.

I am trying to get Windows 10 to work on a relatively new system.
I was getting errors when installing on the new system Windows 10 via USB so I swapped the HDD over to another system and installed Windows without issue.
When pluming it back into the other newer system it's not being detected.
I have done multiple tests but have no clue whats causing the issue and says reboot and select proper boot device.
The newer system will detect and boot from a spare SSD I had lying around.
The HDD will boot without issue on the other older system.
I have tried different sata power ports and different sata ports, I have swapped SATA cables but for some reason the HDD will not be detected on that system.
I have no idea what is causing the issue. I am stumped.
It sounds like the computer you installed on had a second drive pluged in well you were installing wondows to the hdd. So the boot protion is on the other pc secondary drive when installing windows make sure only one drive is plugged in