System wont boot properly

Gr8

Reputable
Feb 27, 2015
So, I am having one heck of a back luck with my recent build and I have no idea where the problem lies. It has been almost 2 months and still I cant fix it, so I am turning on to the experts here to get some help. Bear with me, this is going to be a long post.

My system wont boot at the first attempt. I have replaced every single hardware in side and nothing seems to be helping. Here is what happens. If I leave my computer off for 5+ minutes and turn it on, it will either get stuck at the POST screen, or will get stuck after POST but before the Windows welcome screen, or will get stuck at the Windows logo screen. If it gets stuck, I get error code A2, for other two screens, the error code is AE. Now, if I shut off the PSU, or unplug it from my UPS, and plug it back in, everything works just fine in the first attempt.

I have replaced my MOBO, my PSU, my CPU, my GPU, my RAM, heck, I even replaced my casing. I even unplugged everything and just left my SSD and still the same result. I reached out to Gigabyte and to Intel and neither one of them can figure out what the problem is. I also updated the BIOS on my MOBO to ver. F8 (most current one at the time of the writing), still no luck. So I reverted back to ver F7.

Here are the details of my system:

Intel i7 5960x
Gigabyte X99-UD5 WiFi
32GB Corsair DDR4 2800 RAM
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
HGST 6TB HDD
EVGA 970 SSC GPU
Corsair AX860i PSU
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Cooling
Cooler Master Stryker Case
2 Optical Drives (Yeah, I know, somewhat old school, but I like me my Optical Drives... :))

I hope someone out there had experience with something like this and can help me out.

Dee Kay

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
You've basically replaced everything other than the SSD so that pretty well narrows it down. Have you tried another SSD or HDD to see if the issue goes away? The A2 error usually means that it is having trouble detecting or reading your drive(s).

Gr8

Reputable
Feb 27, 2015

Hi Dee Kay,
Thanks for your response.
Yes, I have replaced the SSD with a different HDD as well. Reinstalled the Win7 64 Ultimate on the new drive and came up with the same issue. I am really clueless about this issue.

In case someone is wondering, this is not my first build. I have been building systems for over 15 years, never even one I got in to an issue similar to this that dragged for over 2 months.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS