[SOLVED] System wont boot to windows keeps booting to bios

Oct 16, 2019
Earlier today I upgraded my computer. And it's been a long while since I built a computer. After the hours it took me to build, I got it to boot to windows and it was working fine. Since I bought corsair RGB ram, I started downloading software to play around with the RGB settings and when i got back the PC was frozen and I couldnt use my mouse or keyboard. I turned off the computer and restarted but then I got 2 blue screen errors (watchdog error and unexpected store exception error) I got nothing but booting to bios and cannot get the thing to boot to one of my drives at all. It detects them in the bios but when I try to select f8 in my bios it says there no bootable devices. And it wont let me change my boot priority. One thing to note I bought the motherboard on clearance, could have been an open box or something because It was taped up and was missing some hardware in the box like data cables and some screws for a fan that goes on the motherboard. I dont know what to do about this problem, I dont really care about keeping my files on my drives, so I was thinking of just buying a new drive and windows (cause I went from 8.1 to 10 when that was free) and just starting fresh with the new build. Any suggestions would be appreciated, never seeked out computer help like this before.

i9-9900k
Asus rog strix z390-e
16gb corsair vengeance rgb ram
Evga gtx 1060 3gb
530w rosewill green
My boot drive is a WD blue 1tb
I also have a Samsung evo ssd I think its 256gb

Solution
What is cooling this processor?

Is Secure Boot enabled? (Disable it)

Make a bootable WIn10 media installer on USB, and, set your BIOS to boot from it...

As you have an SSD, install WIn10 to it, delete all partitions early in the installation process if possible
If you don't mind starting from scratch, at least on the software side of things:
  1. Download Windows 10 to a flash drive from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
  2. Unplug your WD blue, see if the BIOS will let you set the Samsung as your boot drive, and your flash drive as your #1 boot device.
  3. Install Windows on the Samsung SSD.
  4. Install programs as you did before and see how things go.
  5. Send us an update BEFORE plugging the WD back in.

Oct 16, 2019
I dont have access to another computer (I'm sending this all through my phone) but I went out and bought a new hard drive and windows 10 on a usb. I tired disconnecting all drives but my new one, but windows boot manager gave me a error

What is cooling this processor?

Is Secure Boot enabled? (Disable it)

Make a bootable WIn10 media installer on USB, and, set your BIOS to boot from it...

As you have an SSD, install WIn10 to it, delete all partitions early in the installation process if possible

Solution
Oct 16, 2019
I got a cooler master hyper 212 black edition. I went out earlier and bought windows 10 pro on a usb and bought a new samsung 860 evo 500gb. I tired to only hook up my new drive and just the windows usb. I select 64bit and it gives me a error in windows boot manager 0xc0000098 and says I'm missing a driver and to install a recovery disc which I dont have

I just tested on the rig in my sig and couldn't get it to work either, so maybe that trick only works on older systems. You will most likely need access to a desktop or laptop to get the files onto a flash drive, unless Windows Setup has enough drivers installed to be able to see your phone, and you can add the files from your phone when it gets to the drive selection portion of the install.

Oct 16, 2019
I got the computer working! i think the problem was my hard drive i was trying to use. i think since it was from my previous build it didn't want to work with all of my new hardware. So i put my old rig together and downloaded the Windows ISO and also BIOS update for my new motherboard (BIOS did need to be updated) I connected my new PC to my TV just for a screen in case i needed to use the old rig for some files or looking something up fast. I disconnected all hard drives expect my new SSD and got windows to install off the of ISO. There were some problems with my GPU and a WiFi card i was using, so i had those disconnected and just used the motherboard graphics. Anyway after all that i got windows installed, got all my drives connected and setup into my new build and everything works fine. I just wanted to thank all you guys for helping me, and all your advice because it did help me figure out what i had to do. I did waste some money on a Windows USB but all in all i'm happy everything's working. Thanks again for all the help!

Reactions: Ketchup79