Question System wont boot tried everything (NEED HELP)

May 7, 2020
Hi everyone this is my first and probably last thread ill ever do so thanks for all your answers. Here is the situation. I jut built a new pc yestraday, and it worked fine when i powered it up after building it. But, then when i went to plug it into my monitor, it wouldnt post. It just said "no signal" and then turned off. I went through the troubleshooting steps on all the websites like trying one stick of ram, re seating the gpu and cpu, cables in properly, and they all worked fine. I chekced if the monitor was on the right HDMI and made sure the HDMI was all the way in. I have also checked compatability as well. I really need help cause i am out of ideas. I know that the rx 590 has had probelms with HDMI but i tried VGA and DP as well and they also dont work. I have watched numerous build videos and have done it the exact same way as them. I have also cleared the CMOS and taken out the battery.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU:Rx 590 Fatboy
PSU: Cosair 80+ gold TX 750M
Mobo: Gigibyte X570 UD
Ram: G skill ripjaws 2x8 gb 3600 ram (i know its for intel but it was low cost and good value and was still compatible)
Storage: 1tb intel 660p series m.2 ssd
Case: NZXT h510
Extra fans: 2 Pure wings 2 be quiet fans

Last edited:
To further clarify, the Ryzen 7 3700X has no integrated graphics chip, so that single HDMI port on your motherboard will not function. The monitor MUST be plugged into the RX 590.

If it is indeed plugged in properly, you might just have a simple seating problem with the graphics card. Disconnect the monitor and pull the 590 out of the slot completely, then plug it back in. Use firm pressure, but don't force it in or you may physically damage the connector or the motherboard slot.

Graphics cards can be a little finicky about seating, so this wouldn't be unheard of.

May 7, 2020
To further clarify, the Ryzen 7 3700X has no integrated graphics chip, so that single HDMI port on your motherboard will not function. The monitor MUST be plugged into the RX 590.

If it is indeed plugged in properly, you might just have a simple seating problem with the graphics card. Disconnect the monitor and pull the 590 out of the slot completely, then plug it back in. Use firm pressure, but don't force it in or you may physically damage the connector or the motherboard slot.

Graphics cards can be a little finicky about seating, so this wouldn't be unheard of.

I have already tried all that

"built a new pc yestraday, and it worked fine when i powered it up after building it. But, then when i went to plug it into my monitor, it wouldnt post"

How did you know it worked fine if you had no signal to begin with? To me that's not working fine.

You're gonna have to test stuff. Test that GPU in another system. Test that monitor on another system. If both are working we can go further in the elimination process.

May 7, 2020
"built a new pc yestraday, and it worked fine when i powered it up after building it. But, then when i went to plug it into my monitor, it wouldnt post"

How did you know it worked fine if you had no signal to begin with? To me that's not working fine.

You're gonna have to test stuff. Test that GPU in another system. Test that monitor on another system. If both are working we can go further in the elimination process.

What I meant by worked fine was everything turned on sorry and im going to test it with other gpu ordered cheap one since I didn't have one on hand

kanewolf

Titan
Hi everyone this is my first and probably last thread ill ever do so thanks for all your answers. Here is the situation. I jut built a new pc yestraday, and it worked fine when i powered it up after building it. But, then when i went to plug it into my monitor, it wouldnt post. It just said "no signal" and then turned off. I went through the troubleshooting steps on all the websites like trying one stick of ram, re seating the gpu and cpu, cables in properly, and they all worked fine. I chekced if the monitor was on the right HDMI and made sure the HDMI was all the way in. I have also checked compatability as well. I really need help cause i am out of ideas. I know that the rx 590 has had probelms with HDMI but i tried VGA and DP as well and they also dont work. I have watched numerous build videos and have done it the exact same way as them. I have also cleared the CMOS and taken out the battery.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU:Rx 590 Fatboy
PSU: Cosair 80+ gold TX 750M
Mobo: Gigibyte X570 UD
Ram: G skill ripjaws 2x8 gb 3600 ram (i know its for intel but it was low cost and good value and was still compatible)
Storage: 1tb intel 660p series m.2 ssd
Case: NZXT h510
Extra fans: 2 Pure wings 2 be quiet fans
Do you have the CPU cooler pluged into the "CPU Fan" and not the "CPU Opt" ?