Question System wont boot with memory set faster than 2133

bdanning09

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
System has been running memory set at 3200 for awhile now and never had an issue. Learned how to overclock my CPU a week ago and for the last week I've been running my Ryzen 5 at 4.0GHz and memory at 3200Mhz with no issues.. until today.

Blue screened multiple times, back to back. Finally went into Bios and reset everything to default, system boots just fine. Went back into Bios to and started with just my memory being set to 3200 and after clicking save and restart, my system fails to boot and reverts back to 2133. I've had my memory set to 3200 for 5 months and not once crash. It's odd that after I overclocked my CPU I started having problems, but a week later?

I'm confused. What am I doing wrong? Is my CPU's higher temps effecting my memory's temp is that whats causing the crash?

bdanning09

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
Now my system wont even boot at all. Motherboard LED indicator stays yellow which means DRAM problem. I pulled out one of the sticks and it booted just fine.

Then, to confirm it was a dead stick.. i put the stick that i just pulled out back in and now it works again.

What is going on with my computer? Why would my system not boot, pull a stick out then put it back in and somehow that causes it to boot again?

Last edited:

bdanning09

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
So when it was ok before
Did you have it docp and the dram frequency set to 3200?

yes, it was set to 3200MHz for 5 months with no problems. It wasn’t until I overclocked the CPU over a week ago, which is the same time I updated my Bios. Things were good for a week but now all of a sudden I’ve got these issues.

bdanning09

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
I have not, I’m a bit confused why my computer would not even boot running at 2133.

I removed a single stick and put it right back and then it worked.

That just doesn’t make sense to me.