Question System wont boot without removing usb device.

Aug 4, 2021
Before going into detail.
I've read 2 similar posts about this problem on this forum and follow the instruction but i cant get my computer to turn on.

By it wont turning on i mean, there is nothing running at all, no fan, no led, no noise. However, when i plug in usb devices, i can see there is power.

This problem has been going on for about 2 weeks. Since there is a lock down in my city due to covid, I can't bring it to hardware store for checking up.
This problem can be solved by unplug some usd cables and the computer will just start on it own without pressing power button. I have been able to turn on my computer this way for 2 weeks now. Today that method stop working.

I've tried unplug all usb devices off the computer. HDMI and DP as well.
Unplug power cable to computer, remove battery on motherboard and press power button for 30 sec and replug the power to start.

Nothing works.

please help.

edit 1: The only thing that come to my mind about this problem is the night light that i used a week before this issue start appear.

I pluged it in front usb port every night before going to sleep for more than a week before this issue appear.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021
If before it was working only wen the usb was inside, it could either be the mobo or the usb itself. If you did not already, try plugging it in diffrent slots. If you did, try a usb extender. When the computer starts on its own, is the power button plugged in to the mobo? If it is remove it and see if thats the issue. I'm not too great at computers, but I would say that there is a chance there is something wrong with the motherboard and you should try to use its warrenty if it came with one/if still active. Also, do you mean that there is nothing going on inside the pc at all and no post?

Aug 4, 2021
If before it was working only wen the usb was inside, it could either be the mobo or the usb itself. If you did not already, try plugging it in diffrent slots. If you did, try a usb extender. When the computer starts on its own, is the power button plugged in to the mobo? If it is remove it and see if thats the issue. I'm not too great at computers, but I would say that there is a chance there is something wrong with the motherboard and you should try to use its warrenty if it came with one/if still active. Also, do you mean that there is nothing going on inside the pc at all and no post?

The computer does not require usb devices to plugged in to run.

I press the power button to start but nothing run on the computer. It only start on its own when i pull off some usb devices pluged in behind the computer.

After the computer start and running. it does not matter what usb device plug in.

I've been doing it to start my computer for 2 weeks now. Today that method stop working. But there is still power in the computer since my usb device still got the power.