System won't post and the LCD on the back reads "CPU INIT"

CASHWAD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
I did my first build about a year ago and everything ran well until recently. It started with the screen turning white if i left it alone for too long. After resetting the system it would work fine. After a few occurrences, it wouldn't post and the lcd on the back read "VGA BIOS." I tried a few different things like clearing cmos and removing unnecessary components for the sake of a test boot, and eventually put in a new graphics card. When I did this, however, I put out a RAM error and then eventually the "CPU INIT." After resetting the cmos again, I put everything back the way it was, old graphics cards and all, and tried to boot up, but once again it won't post and the LCD on the back reads "CPU INIT." I've tried everything in the troubleshooting thread here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems but to no avail. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

System:
Antec 900
Asus Striker II Extreme Mobo
Intel q6600 quad core
PNY Geforce 8800GT (x2)
Apevia Iceberg 680W
Corsair Xms2 DDR2 (4x2048mb)
Zalman CNPS9500 CPU Cooler

CASHWAD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Well thanks for the feedback but unfortunately it didn't make a difference.

CASHWAD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Yeah all of the fans including the CPU fan work and turn on when I hit the power button. All of the lights come on too, that's about all it does though.

May 23, 2019
Here's how the problem was fixed on an ASUS Striker Extreme.

ASUS Striker Extreme - CPU INIT Error

Hope it helps...

Hey guys,

I know this thread is really old, but I ran in the CPU INIT problem with my Striker Extreme. Now I found this thread with the link to kostakiss' blog. But the blog is down. Does anyone have the information how this error could be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Daniel from Germany