[SOLVED] System wont POST , cpu fan and system fan making tick tick noise and red light on only gpu fans running

Nov 12, 2021
Hi there,
I am in disarray. Brand new i5 10th gen, 3070 ti and b560 gigabyte aorus MB , installed everything and turned on PSU , red LED came on the motherboard indicating CPU .
Now only ticking sound going on and the fans wont spin its like not even my ram or my nvme is not even turning on or given power . Can someone please help.

Solution
No, it doesn't mean that. It simply means that the graphics card is getting power from..........somewhere. Could be slot power, or it could be auxiliary power through the auxiliary 8 pin power connector that plugs into the card.

You DO have the auxiliary 8 pin power connector plugged into the card, right? This is likely a 6+2 pin connector for most modern power supplies.

You ARE using the cables that came WITH the power supply, and not the cables from any other power supply, right?

What is the ACTUAL model of your power supply, or at least the series. As in, RM, RMx, RMi, TX, etc.? And, how long have you had this power supply in service/use?

DID you look at the "No POST" checklist? Do you have the required auxiliary CPU power...
Sounds like maybe something is plugged in wrong or in the wrong spot, but it's hard to say without more information.

Please list your FULL hardware specifications, including EXACT power supply model number and how long it's been in service.

As a place to start it would be a good idea that you double or even triple check everything listed here:

And if nothing shakes out from doing that, then it would be a good idea to remove the motherboard from the case and bench test it to see if installation was the problem or if there is an actual hardware issue.

Nov 12, 2021
Motherboard - gigabyte aorus b560 pro
processor-intel 10th gen i5
gpu-asus 3070 ti
Memory -2*8 gb xpg rbg 2666 mhz ddr4
1 tb xpg rbg nvme m2
PSU- Corsair modular 750 W gold
I am not sure what wrong if GPU is spinning it means PSU is giving it the wattage but nothing else is powering on does that mean that the cables plugged from ingress side of PSU is incorrect ?

No, it doesn't mean that. It simply means that the graphics card is getting power from..........somewhere. Could be slot power, or it could be auxiliary power through the auxiliary 8 pin power connector that plugs into the card.

You DO have the auxiliary 8 pin power connector plugged into the card, right? This is likely a 6+2 pin connector for most modern power supplies.

You ARE using the cables that came WITH the power supply, and not the cables from any other power supply, right?

What is the ACTUAL model of your power supply, or at least the series. As in, RM, RMx, RMi, TX, etc.? And, how long have you had this power supply in service/use?

DID you look at the "No POST" checklist? Do you have the required auxiliary CPU power connectors plugged into the motherboard (EPS 12v 4+4 pin connector. Usually labeled EPS or CPU) just above and to the left of the CPU socket?

Solution