Question System won't post on new motherboard

Dec 29, 2020
I bought a new motherboard as my old one kept randomly switching the PC off even though the psu is plenty enough for the system and is only 6 months old. I bought an Asus A320m-k to run my ryzen 5 2600 and I can't get into the bios when I switch on the PC nor does it go into windows which is strange because my ½ functioning asrock a320m-hdv motherboard can at least post and go into the bios albeit for like 30 seconds. Reseating everything on the new asus boards yielded no results. Any suggestions?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Remove the boot drive from your build and with only one stick of ram, see if it POST's. You should see if you can get a hold of a POST speaker to take note of any warning beeps.

my ½ functioning asrock a320m-hdv motherboard can at least post and go into the bios albeit for like 30 seconds.
Do elaborate on this...

Dec 29, 2020
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Remove the boot drive from your build and with only one stick of ram, see if it POST's. You should see if you can get a hold of a POST speaker to take note of any warning beeps.

my ½ functioning asrock a320m-hdv motherboard can at least post and go into the bios albeit for like 30 seconds.
Do elaborate on this...
Okay, my specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
2x4GB Hyperx Fury DDR4
The dead board is the Asrock A320m-hdv
The new board is the Asus a320m-k
Corsair VS450
Asrock RX 560 2GB
X3 500GB 7200rpm HDD and a 256GB XPG M.2 SSD
Armageddon Nimitz N5 Chassis

When I set up my asus board with just 1 stick of ram, no storage devices and the gpu, it does not post even after clearing the cmos.

The Asrock board that I suspect is defunct, boots into the bios with that combination of parts, but only for a brief moment of time, then the system switches off. If I try switching it on, the gpu fans keep ramping up then stopping. To boot back into the bios briefly again, I must reseat everything and clear the cmos.

ASK THE COMMUNITY