System specs:
  • Processor: Intel i7-9700KF
  • Motherboard: MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK
  • RAM: 8 GB x 2, DDR4-3200, ADATA XPG D41 RGB
  • PSU: EVGA 850W B5
  • GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER ASUS DUAL EVO OC
  • SSD: 1 TB ADATA SU750 SSD
The issue:
This setup was working for 1 year before it suddenly gave out while playing a game. Any attempts at trying to unplug/plug the PSU and then switch it back on only caused the system to 'flash' on for near milliseconds, then die. Here's the current situation I am at right now: when I connect the PSU to only the motherboard, CPU, SSD, and peripherals, it will power-on (i.e. the LEDs flash, the fans run, and it will continue to stay this way without powering-off.) However, when I slot in my GPU into the PCI-E slot and then provide the 2x8 pin power to it, the system will do the same 'flash' on for a few milliseconds and then die again. Interestingly, if I disconnect and slot out the GPU and attempt to turn on the system again, the system will not power-on. It will not respond to the power-switch at all. The only way to have it power-on again is to re-jump the BIOS (I manually take out the CMOS battery, wait a few seconds, and then put it back in). After resetting the CMOS battery, the system will successfully power-on again (without the GPU slotted in). Of note, when I only slot in my GPU (without providing the 2x8 power pins) and attempt to switch on the system, it will not power-up. When I remove the unpowered GPU from the PCI-E slot and then again attempt to switch on the system, it will not power-on. I must do the CMOS battery reset again to have it switch on again.​

I've attempted to connect my monitor to the onboard graphics, but the monitor will not detect it when it powers-on. This makes me think it might be a motherboard issue but I come to you all for more wisdom on this.​
Thanks ahead of time.​

Solution
System specs:
The issue:
This setup was working for 1 year before it suddenly gave out while playing a game. Any attempts at trying to unplug/plug the PSU and then switch it back on only caused the system to 'flash' on for near milliseconds, then die. Here's the current situation I am at right now: when I connect the PSU to only the motherboard, CPU, SSD, and peripherals, it will power-on (i.e. the LEDs flash, the fans run, and it will continue to...​
System specs:
The issue:
This setup was working for 1 year before it suddenly gave out while playing a game. Any attempts at trying to unplug/plug the PSU and then switch it back on only caused the system to 'flash' on for near milliseconds, then die. Here's the current situation I am at right now: when I connect the PSU to only the motherboard, CPU, SSD, and peripherals, it will power-on (i.e. the LEDs flash, the fans run, and it will continue to stay this way without powering-off.) However, when I slot in my GPU into the PCI-E slot and then provide the 2x8 pin power to it, the system will do the same 'flash' on for a few milliseconds and then die again. Interestingly, if I disconnect and slot out the GPU and attempt to turn on the system again, the system will not power-on. It will not respond to the power-switch at all. The only way to have it power-on again is to re-jump the BIOS (I manually take out the CMOS battery, wait a few seconds, and then put it back in). After resetting the CMOS battery, the system will successfully power-on again (without the GPU slotted in). Of note, when I only slot in my GPU (without providing the 2x8 power pins) and attempt to switch on the system, it will not power-up. When I remove the unpowered GPU from the PCI-E slot and then again attempt to switch on the system, it will not power-on. I must do the CMOS battery reset again to have it switch on again.​

I've attempted to connect my monitor to the onboard graphics, but the monitor will not detect it when it powers-on. This makes me think it might be a motherboard issue but I come to you all for more wisdom on this.​
Thanks ahead of time.​
Forget about onboard graphics because 9700KF doesn't have an IGPU.

Solution