Question System wont start unless i overclock my ram

Dec 4, 2019
Computer wont open(stucks' in a blue screen of death boot loop) unless i overclock the ram speed

I was wondering why my UEFI Bios date during the boot screen was 1 year behind so i entered the UEFI BIOS settings to change it to the correct date but it was the correct date already(weird).Then i went to the OC TWEAKER and i noticed that at DRAM tweaker the XMP settings was at XMP 2.0 and the DRAM frequency was at 3700Mhz.I put everything back to Auto and i press "save changes and exit" at the uefi bios.Then while i am restarting i get a blue screen of death with the"Memory management error"then it restarts and i get a"page fault in non paged area"error.The computer wouldn't start(it was stuck between these two blue screens of death boot loop) until i went into the Uefi bios settings and i changed my XMP settings and DRAM frequency to the previous values.

Now i open the cpu-z and i notice that while Dram Frequency is between 1063.6-1064.1 Mhz the Uncore Frequency is between 798.0 Mhz to 4090.0 Mhz(spikking all the time between these values).I use the cmp to check the ram frequency and it is at 2133 Mhz.I use the Task manager and i check there too for the ram frequency and its the same(2133 Mhz).What is going on? Why my pc wont start unless i oc the ram and why the Uncore Frequency is so high?

Furthermore,every time i try to open the computer(since the day i purchased it slighty used from a computer shop) i get the system failed to boot several times before error.....UEFI will continue to boot aftert x seconds.It plays normally after though so i havent tried to figure out why i get this error.

Motherboard:Asrock z370 killer sli ac
ram: patriot viper elite 2400mhz(16gb)
windows 10 pro

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
You should check and see which BIOS version you're on at the moment. Also, considering how the OS is closely tied to the BIOS, you should check and see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. We're on version 20H2 at the time of writing.

Mind sharing the rest of your specs for the system?

Dec 4, 2019
You should check and see which BIOS version you're on at the moment. Also, considering how the OS is closely tied to the BIOS, you should check and see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. We're on version 20H2 at the time of writing.

Mind sharing the rest of your specs for the system?
i am at the previous version of windows 10(version 2004).I dont want to upgrade yet at the 20h2 version .My bios is up to date (versions p4.30),checked from the official asrock webpage.
cpu:i7 8700k
gpu:rtx 2070 by zotac
psu:raidmax vampire 800w 80 plus gold

I dont think that this problem has anything to do with the fact that i dont run the latest versions of windows