[SOLVED] System won't stay hibernated

MaryXYX

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2013
I tell the system to Hibernate and it does. Then a minute or two later it resumes without any action from me. Possibly because there is traffic on the LAN - like the router saying "Are you still there?"

MB is Asrock Pro3 R2.0 and I can't see any options for "Resume on LAN" to turn off. I have another system that goes into Hibernate and stays there until I wake it.

Edit:
Reading another thread ...
The PSU is a Corsair 650W Bronze.

Last edited:
Solution
Good diagnostic. I unplugged the RJ45 and that system remained in hibernate for some time. Plugged it in again and within a minute the system resumed.

So we are on the right track. Is it possible to disable "Wake on LAN" in the BIOS or in Windows?
Look in device manager/network adapters.
Expand that and untic 'allow wake'.
I tell the system to Hibernate and it does. Then a minute or two later it resumes without any action from me. Possibly because there is traffic on the LAN - like the router saying "Are you still there?"

MB is Asrock Pro3 R2.0 and I can't see any options for "Resume on LAN" to turn off. I have another system that goes into Hibernate and stays there until I wake it.

Edit:
Reading another thread ...
The PSU is a Corsair 650W Bronze.
Turn off the modem/router does hibernate now work?

MaryXYX

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2013
Good diagnostic. I unplugged the RJ45 and that system remained in hibernate for some time. Plugged it in again and within a minute the system resumed.

So we are on the right track. Is it possible to disable "Wake on LAN" in the BIOS or in Windows?

MaryXYX

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2013
Look in device manager/network adapters.
Expand that and untic 'allow wake'.
Thank you, I set "Wake on Magic Packet" and "Wake on Pattern Match" off. This seems to work. The Asrock BIOS has lots of entries for customising speeds and voltages but doesn't have the basics like 'wake'.