[SOLVED] System works when bread-boarded, but not inside the case ?

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Hey guys..I got a pc that i will be using as a storage pc.I got it for free ,It's an LGA775 mobo.
The pc will just shut off after some time, usually about 30 min. When i take the board out of the case it works fine.I had the mobo/psu and hdd on boxes and ran it for 2 days with no problems.

I tried to see if i have a short. I changed cases i tried different psu/ram cpu.Everytime it's the same problem. On boxes (bread-boarded) it works, but in the case it does not ?

Specs if needed
CPU E2180 2ghz
Mobo foxconn 945 gm
Ram 1gb dual channel 533mhz.
Hdd 1TB WD and 1.5TB WD
Cooler. Custom coolermaster

Like i said i tried everything.

Solution
Hey guys..I got a pc that i will be using as a storage pc.I got it for free ,It's an LGA775 mobo.
The pc will just shut off after some time, usually about 30 min. When i take the board out of the case it works fine.I had the mobo/psu and hdd on boxes and ran it for 2 days with no problems.

I tried to see if i have a short. I changed cases i tried different psu/ram cpu.Everytime it's the same problem. On boxes (bread-boarded) it works, but in the case it does not ?

Specs if needed
CPU E2180 2ghz
Mobo foxconn 945 gm
Hdd 1TB WD and 1.5TB WD

Temperature problem would be the first thought. Take the side cover off the case and point a...

kanewolf

Titan

Specs if needed
CPU E2180 2ghz
Mobo foxconn 945 gm
Hdd 1TB WD and 1.5TB WD

Temperature problem would be the first thought. Take the side cover off the case and point a desk fan at the motherboard.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution