Question System32 corruption help...

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
According to this CBS.Log, my Windows\System32 is rather corrupted. I don't know what to do. I've tried scn/scannow command to no avail. checked my C: Drive with the error check and it went through, later saying there was no issue on the drive itself. After that I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance if I personally forget to do so!

Windows/system32 is a folder, not a file/driver so more information is needed. First what is the make and model of your PC, or the individual components (motherboard, graphics, power supply CPU and drives.

Next, explain what are the symptoms of this corruption, if any? Have there been any sluggishness, freezes, blue screens, or the computer turning itself off? The only time I saw a similar error was when a PC was running out of hdd space.

Elementalfury

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
Windows/system32 is a folder, not a file/driver so more information is needed. First what is the make and model of your PC, or the individual components (motherboard, graphics, power supply CPU and drives.

Next, explain what are the symptoms of this corruption, if any? Have there been any sluggishness, freezes, blue screens, or the computer turning itself off? The only time I saw a similar error was when a PC was running out of hdd space.
The main issues are that my games are crashing, google chrome occasionally does the "Aww Snap" error, and some random internet connection problems to different sites. My components are as follows; 3900x CPU, 1080 ti GPU, gigabyte x570 aorus pro w/wifi Motherboard, 80+ Bronze edition EVGA 750w PSU, and 16 gb 3600 mhz G.skill RAM. Heres the CBS.Log if that makes things more clear (https://www.docdroid.net/yH4Y7a1/cbs.txt ).

Aug 20, 2019
Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)
1.Open an elevated command prompt in admin mode.

2.Type the following command, and then press Enter. It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

3.At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.

4.After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:
  • Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

This means that you do not have any missing or corrupted system files.
  • Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

To resolve this problem, perform the System File Checker scan in safe mode, and make sure that the PendingDeletes and PendingRenames folders exist under %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp.
  • Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

To view the detail information about the system file scan and restoration, go to How to view details of the System File Checker process.
  • Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

To repair the corrupted files manually, view details of the System File Checker processto find the corrupted file, and then manually replace the corrupted file with a known good copy of the file.

TRENDING THREADS