[SOLVED] SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION

EfficientSoup

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
open elevated cmd and run these 2 commands in order:-
  1. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  2. sfc /scannow
if a command told you that something corrupted has been fixed then repeat it
Does this delete any of my data ? Also when the BSOD happened it was in a very small resolution, every BSOD ive gotten before was in 1080p, does this indicate graphics failure ?

EfficientSoup

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
Hello, I've been experiencing frequent BSOD crashes when gaming/running benchmarks. If you know what I should do to get rid of this problem, please reply.

Windows 10 64bit Home 1903
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite, BIOS F42a but tried F41 and F40 as well
GTX 1060 6GB, drivers 436.15
R5 3600 @ stock
2x8 GB RAM 3200 Mhz CL16
Patriot scorch SSD 512GB as boot drive
2TB seagate barracuda
550W PSU

minidumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/139ciZTZqJk4bULtjZgIGKLcKqH-kwc-T/view?usp=sharing

What I tried:
Running Memtest86 overnight, no errors
Clean install graphics card drivers with DDU
Updating BIOS/UEFI
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
sfc /scannow found errors and fixed them, but BSODs still happen
chkdsk C: /f /r , found no errors, but strangely jumped from 40% EST 20 minutes to 100% instantly and rebooted..
Windows memory diagnostic, no errors

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
well it happened again 2 times with different code, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with storport.sys and the 2nd time with partmgr.sys

if you upload the extra dumps, a friend of mine will check them out for you.

both of those drivers are part of windows, storport.sys and partmg are storage related, Storage Port & Partition Manager respectively.

Try running chkdsk C: /f in command prompt with admin access
2 paragraphs will pop up, type Y and enter to agree to load at startup
restart PC and let it scan the drive.

Try downloading the Trial version of HD Sentinel and run the scans you can find on the Disk tab.

EfficientSoup

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
if you upload the extra dumps, a friend of mine will check them out for you.

both of those drivers are part of windows, storport.sys and partmg are storage related, Storage Port & Partition Manager respectively.

Try running chkdsk C: /f in command prompt with admin access
2 paragraphs will pop up, type Y and enter to agree to load at startup
restart PC and let it scan the drive.

Try downloading the Trial version of HD Sentinel and run the scans you can find on the Disk tab.
Hello, I made a new thread explaining the problem a bit more and explaining what I have done so far including the dumps https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ruggling-with-this-for-about-a-month.3519391/

Colif

Win 11 Master
Shouldn't start multiple threads, it just gets confusing as people can give contradicting advice.

Its now 1 thread

so you already tried chkdsk, both last 2 BSOD are storage related so I would still run HD sentinel and make sure drives are ok.

Have you run Gigabyte App centre to confirm you have latest drivers?

EfficientSoup

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
Shouldn't start multiple threads, it just gets confusing as people can give contradicting advice.

Its now 1 thread

so you already tried chkdsk, both last 2 BSOD are storage related so I would still run HD sentinel and make sure drives are ok.

Have you run Gigabyte App centre to confirm you have latest drivers?
Ok I did a random seek test on the C: drive and found no errors, I would've done it on D: as well but I cant do that in the trial version.

EfficientSoup

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
also one more thing : I noticed in device manager that I have 2 AMD GPIO controller and 2 AMD PCI, and they are different versions. Is this intended or is it messing up my PCI-E C: drive ?

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/luRr.html
File information:083119-6015-01.dmp (Aug 31 2019 - 07:07:33)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Cities.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

File information:083119-5968-01.dmp (Aug 31 2019 - 08:33:09)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: UBMDriveBench.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 24 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)

File information:083119-5937-01.dmp (Aug 31 2019 - 09:40:28)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 39 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

File information:083119-5484-01.dmp (Aug 31 2019 - 08:41:05)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Probably caused by:partmgr.sys (Process: UBMDriveBench.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:080919-6703-01.dmp (Aug 9 2019 - 16:35:01)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10#kf
It appears you have the latest BIOS, version F42a already installed.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

EfficientSoup

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
so it's my RAM since the debugger says memory_corruption ?
I would try with each individual stick but the problem is really wierd, it can go a week without BSOD and then BSOD 5 times in a single day

Colif

Win 11 Master
so it's my RAM since the debugger says memory_corruption ?

I don't think its ram just based on that. Memory corruption is something I see in almost every BSOD and its rarely as simple as just ram. Having said that, what are the serial numbers for the ram? is it listed on motherboard DLV list? Normally Gardenman's program will tell me ram codes but that field is blank on your report which is strange, hence the question.

UBM Benchmark sure makes you pc go off

try removing this, its too old and maybe reason for last 2 BSOD I mentioned -
Jun 15 2009pwdrvio.sysMiniTool Partition Wizard https://www.partitionwizard.com/
Logmein is getting old too, March 2015

EfficientSoup

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
I don't think its ram just based on that. Memory corruption is something I see in almost every BSOD and its rarely as simple as just ram. Having said that, what are the serial numbers for the ram? is it listed on motherboard DLV list? Normally Gardenman's program will tell me ram codes but that field is blank on your report which is strange, hence the question.

UBM Benchmark sure makes you pc go off

try removing this, its too old and maybe reason for last 2 BSOD I mentioned -
Jun 15 2009pwdrvio.sysMiniTool Partition Wizard https://www.partitionwizard.com/
Logmein is getting old too, March 2015
I'll remove those two, didn't know hamachi and a generic drive partition tool installed their own drivers, although I doubt it's them since I had them installed before this problem started happening (having the problem for about a month, PC is 2 months old except the graphics which is about a year old)
I used the UBM benchmark to test if anything is underperforming, it's a very bad benchmark but it's good for these purposes. When it gave me the BSOD, I tested multiple times and it gave me BSODs (Every time at either complicated 4k/mixed writes to my NVMe SSD or the start of the graphics benchmark dunno which one )with different stop codes, and I sort of just ignored it and thought it was just the benchmark. But when I started getting BSODs that looked similar in games, I thought something must the wrong and posted here.
Also Edit: It probably didn't finish RAM codes because the BSOD is.. different from others I have encountered from already resolved problems on my different PC:
It sort of gets generated from the top to bottom taking multiple seconds
Is in the smallest 16:9 resolution dunno which one it is
Freezes at 100% and I have to reboot the PC using the restart button on the case, maybe that's why it didn't make these ram codes. and the ram serial number is PVS416G320C6K (if that's what you are asking for dunno if thats it)